Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Springfield XD45 compact..wow

I had the privilege of shooting my friends XD-m .40 and XD45 compact yesterday, and while both guns were very accurate i must say i was thoroughly impressed with the .45. that gun was unbelievably accurate right from the start. i was able to completely cut out the bulls eye on the target to where it looked like i put my fist through it, and control was not a factor, probably due to the top heaviness that i hear everyone speak of regarding the xd's. i'm telling you, anyone considering getting one of these guns, if you like the way it feels in your hand, get it! price to capacity to accuracy is amazing, and while i was never a fan of the feel or look of the xd/xdm i honestly have to say that one of these may very well be in my future. This is a gun that i would trust my life with, and i would have no qualms what so ever about carrying it!

p.s.: the capacity was 10 rounds standard mag, 13 rounds extended mag, .45 acp!..

Default Re: Springfield XD45 compact..wow

I have to agree with your fellings about the XD line of pistols.I have the XD9 sc and with the 13 round Mag. in it it is without a doubt a very well balanced pistol and is a very comportable carry. The 16 round mag for carry is a bit much and makes the pistol tail heavy IMO.. Having said that though I feel the 16 round mag is better for target shooting. I have also shot the Xdm models, and like you said, You'd have no problem trusting these guns to save your life if it came down to that. Neither would I. They are a real piece of work. I love mine.

(York County)

I just got one recently and love it! It has probably the best feel, grip, and pointability to it than any other pistol I have ever shot. I kept blowing out one raged hole at 10-15 yards with the first 200 rounds i put through it. I carry it in a galco summer comfort holster. It's a bit thick so it prints a little if you just wear a t-shirt but throw on another shirt and you're good to go. I wish I had got the Stainless one, but at the time I couldn't find one anywhere. Maybe I'll get another one in stainless, who says I can't have 2!

My buddy from school loves XDs. He has bought 4 so far and gave one to his brother. He has nothing but great things to say about them and I suspect there is good reason for his liking them so much although I've never shot one.

He has bought an XD45, XD40 compact, XD40 sub-compact (gave to his brother) and XD40 sub-compact with night sights. It's not even exciting anymore when he tells me he bought a new pistol because I know that it will be...

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

i have a XD45, XDm 9, and XDsc9 and LOVE them all for all the reasons listed above!

i recomend them to everyone looking for a pistol.
    This Space For Rent

A friend of mine told me about the XD series of pistols from SA. Now I've spent enough money on pistols in the past to not just go out and buy something somebody else likes. I have to do my homework and see and feel them to see if they fit my wants and needs. I went looking for Glocks and Xd's. The range had quite a supply of them. I've never owned a tupperware gun before. I always owned Colts and Smiths. I went through all the glocks first and there great guns for sure but just didn't feel like the kind of pistol I'd plunk allot of change down on. Then I picked up the XD's.My first thought was ok now we're talking. I liked the grip safety, I'm used to it I'm old school so it's not a problem. Then I picket up the XD9sc. I swear the friggin thing spoke to me. I't was love at first site and feel. It came with free range time so I jumped all over that. The gun has a soul is all I can say. Imo was worth every penny. I like the 9mm for the controlability of it. I'm also not a big fan of large caliber pistols. That's just my preference though. Then after I bought it and shot I saw this link. It made me feel even better yet about the purcase. Like I said the things got soul.
    http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory11.php

(Luzerne County)

Just brought home an xd-45 the other night. Haven't had a chance to take it out. I also just ordered a serpa holster for it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

I have the XD9 Service and the XD9sc and love 'em both. Pointability was the deciding factor for me. I will carry the Service concealed (sc was purchased for my wife) and with a full mag the pistol is quite balanced.

Oddly, I find it easier to shoot the sc accurately.

I was turned on to them by a friend I consulted with when I went out to buy a first handgun. He is a retired LI NY detective, and after evaluating the Glock, the M&P and the XD side by side he chose the XD .45 Compact for his carry gun.

When I compared them I had the same reaction, which was that for me the XD pointed the most naturally and felt right.

(Susquehanna County)

I was able to pick up an xdm9 in green and blue a few months back and love it too. They are pretty hard to come by here in the communist state of NJ. Can't wait to be at home full time in PA

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I had the privilege of shooting my friends XD-m .40 and XD45 compact yesterday, and while both guns were very accurate i must say i was thoroughly impressed with the .45. that gun was unbelievably accurate right from the start. i was able to completely cut out the bulls eye on the target to where it looked like i put my fist through it, and control was not a factor, probably due to the top heaviness that i hear everyone speak of regarding the xd's. i'm telling you, anyone considering getting one of these guns, if you like the way it feels in your hand, get it! price to capacity to accuracy is amazing, and while i was never a fan of the feel or look of the xd/xdm i honestly have to say that one of these may very well be in my future. This is a gun that i would trust my life with, and i would have no qualms what so ever about carrying it!

p.s.: the capacity was 10 rounds standard mag, 13 rounds extended mag, .45 acp!..
    I bought mine 10 months ago "SA XD .45 compact" At that time they were offering the extra mag coupon which I got 2 mags one compact and one full size plus mag holder. was a great deal not to mention I love the way it shot. I would recommend it as a good carry gun too. price is affordable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast