Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Range Trip to Classic Pistol

Guns4Fun and I were talking in PM's about getting together to shoot, and we decided to open it up to anyone who's interested. This is just an informal get-together, not a full-on planned shoot.

Guns4Fun and I are going to be at Classic Pistol between 11AM and 1PM on Sunday, August 23. Anyone who is interested in joining us is welcome to meet us there. If you've never been to Classic Pistol but want to see what it's like, feel free to join us. Classic charges a small guest fee for non-members -- $8 or $12, depending on handguns or long guns. You can shoot your ammo through your guns, but if you rent any of their sizable collection of rental firearms (including some Class III!), you have to shoot their ammo. Ammo prices are really reasonable, too.

After the shoot, we're going to get lunch at a place to be decided. If folks want to meet us for lunch but don't want to meet to shoot, that's fine, too! If you're interested in joining us for shooting and/or lunch, please speak up!

So, here's the summary:

What: Informal shoot
    Where: Classic Pistol
    When: August 23, 11AM to 1PM
    Who: Guns4Fun and FNG19, plus whomever else wants to join us!

Attendance List:
    FNG19
    Guns4Fun
    MostlyHarmless

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Range Trip to Classic Pistol

I like Classic. But I usually have to wait for a lane when I go by myself. So I'm not sure how well it would go if an extra ten or so of us show up. Somebody talk me into it. It's an hour drive for me so I probably won't show just to see how busy they are.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I like Classic. But I usually have to wait for a lane when I go by myself. So I'm not sure how well it would go if an extra ten or so of us show up. Somebody talk me into it. It's an hour drive for me so I probably won't show just to see how busy they are.
    Last time we went on a Saturday, there were 6 of us. 2 on each lane. We waited about 10-15min (but we were filling out the paperwork during the wait - because none of us except fng-19 were members) and we had 2 lanes right next to each other and a 3rd a couple paces over. I don't know if there is less of a crowd on a Sunday - but we'll find out. It takes me about 40min to get there and I’m making the trip again. Hope to see you there. Last time it was a lot of fun and I doubt this time will be any different.

(Bucks County)

25 minutes from my house....and I've been wanting to check out the place...waiting to find out if they have courses....but i cant make that visit...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    25 minutes from my house....and I've been wanting to check out the place...waiting to find out if they have courses....but i cant make that visit...
    They definitely do have classes. Give 'em a call and see what they're offering in the fall. They may have the September schedule figured out already. If you'd like, PM me. You and I can figure out another time to go so we can introduce you to Classic.

(Philadelphia County)

Classic Pistol is normally empty if you get there before 10 a.m. on a Sunday. I may be down for this.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    They definitely do have classes. Give 'em a call and see what they're offering in the fall. They may have the September schedule figured out already. If you'd like, PM me. You and I can figure out another time to go so we can introduce you to Classic.
    Once hectic summer winds down i will definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks.

(Northampton County)

Classic charges a small guest fee for non-members -- $8 or $12, depending on handguns or long guns.
    They charge me $25.

(Montgomery County)

Classic Pistol is my preferred range too and I'd love to meet some of the people who post to this forum regularly. However sundays are no good for me as I work saturday night shifts. If you guys ever wanna do a saturday morning thing though let me know I'd like to go. How much is it to be a member there and what are the advantages of being a member if you don't mind me asking?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    They charge me $25.
    I'm pretty sure the lower guest fee is when you are there with a member and sharing a lane.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast