Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default WV Mosin-Nagant takes a trip to PA

My fiancee bought me a 1945 M44 for Christmas last year and while I have shot it, I haven't had a chance to work much on accuracy, until today. I thought you all might like to see what a 64 year old gun and 29 year old ammo can do. The common wisdom is to shoot the M44 with the bayonet extended, but after experimenting a bit, I found mine shot straight with the bayonet folded back. All these groups were shot with the bayonet folded back. All shots were at 75-80 yards.

This is some polish silver tipped ammo given to me by a generous young man I met at the range today. It is also my best 5 shot group of the day. I fired about a total of 100 rounds.

This is a 4 shot group. I knew I screwed up the flier as soon as I pulled the trigger. This was 1980 Bulgarian surplus ammo.

This was typical once I relaxed and figured out how the gun liked to be held and fired. I'm seeing a bit of vertical movement, which if I am remembering correctly means I need to work on my breathing a bit. This also was 1980 Bulgarian surplus ammo.

I'm pleased with the results, although my shoulder HURTS! But I'm grinning through the pain.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Greene County)

Default Re: WV Mosin-Nagant takes a trip to PA

Quote Originally Posted by WVneighbor View Post
    I'm pleased with the results, although my shoulder HURTS! But I'm grinning through the pain.
    I hear ya on the shoulder, bro! I had my m44 out on Wednesday and I only shot 40 and I can still feel it. Your groupings look a helluva lot better than mine did, I was happy just to hit paper at 100 yards with iron sights.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams