Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Plans for a gun cabinet

Greetings all, Ive been looking for a nice wooden gun cabinet that can hold 12-15 guns. My search locally has come up with nothing. Any of you ever built one? or know the plans for one? Or even where i should start looking online?
    thanks in advance

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Plans for a gun cabinet

http://sketchup.google.com/
    atleast gives you something to use to design it, ask at this forum if you have any construction issues (they may be able to point you to plans aswell)
    sawmillcreek.org

I'm in the process of looking for an old coke machine that I can gut and line the inside with felt.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    I'm in the process of looking for an old coke machine that I can gut and line the inside with felt.

What an awesome idea! Rep just for comming up with that one!

John

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bull2969 View Post
    Greetings all, Ive been looking for a nice wooden gun cabinet that can hold 12-15 guns. My search locally has come up with nothing. Any of you ever built one? or know the plans for one? Or even where i should start looking online?
    thanks in advance
    Hmmm cabinet work. Hope you got alot of tools. If you need any advice or tips feel free to PM me. All the ones I have ever seen were custom built. There used to be some furniture places that sold them, but long gone now. Nobody displays guns anymore. Nothing more beutifull than a cabinet full of guns, backlit in the evening.

(Delaware County)

I agree with the idea that this would be very enjoyable to look at but I would like to share with you that back around 1992 I had a glass front gun cabinet with my modest little collect of long guns in it and they are all now listed a stolen property in the PRNJ where I lived for a couple years in my single days befor I new better. I personally would not display my firearms in a beautiful gun case if someone built me one for free. I would sure want to but I fear that it is just to big of an invitation for a burglary.

I don't mean to be negative about your plans but I still miss the simply beautiful scoped .308 that I had stolen. It was a custom built gun on a German Mauser action that my uncle gave to me just a month prior. I never even got to shot it. I will probably never own a rifle of such quality again. The other stuff was all replaceable.

(Bucks County)

(Delaware County)

Do not put your guns in a gun cabinet for permanent storage.
    Sooner or later YOU WILL BE SORRY!
    Guns in glass display cabinets are for museums with security plans.
    The whole idea of the case is to display them to your friends. Friends talk and eventually the wrong person will find out.

Twice in the 80's, while living in LA, burglars broke in.
    The house was cleaned out of the good stuff but the gun safe was still intact. I had just gotten the gun safe the month before the first theft.

I have a friend who inherited his fathers fine expensive shotgun but then someone broke in and stole it. He had it in a closet.

I have another friend that the burglars spent all weekend trying to break into his 1000 pound safe and could not. The safe was ruined and had to be opened by a professional safe mechanic but the guns were still there.
    The retailer who sold the safe swapped the hulk for a new safe. The ruined safe sits on the dealers showroom floor as the best sales tool he ever had.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    Do not put your guns in a gun cabinet for permanent storage.
    Sooner or later YOU WILL BE SORRY!
    Guns in glass display cabinets are for museums with security plans.
    The whole idea of the case is to display them to your friends. Friends talk and eventually the wrong person will find out.

Twice in the 80's, while living in LA, burglars broke in.
    The house was cleaned out of the good stuff but the gun safe was still intact. I had just gotten the gun safe the month before the first theft.

I have a friend who inherited his fathers fine expensive shotgun but then someone broke in and stole it. He had it in a closet.

I have another friend that the burglars spent all weekend trying to break into his 1000 pound safe and could not. The safe was ruined and had to be opened by a professional safe mechanic but the guns were still there.
    The retailer who sold the safe swapped the hulk for a new safe. The ruined safe sits on the dealers showroom floor as the best sales tool he ever had.
    WOULD THAT BE PIESTRAKS BY ANY CHANCE?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    +1 to you. Hiding them in plain sight seems like a halfway decent idea. Just make sure you can still lock it and try to bolt it to the floor. Just in case anyone decides to try and take a peek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast