Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Beretta 92FS question - help needed

I really, really want a 92FS. I found one in stock on Bud's web site. Is this a good price?

Here's it is:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/39954

Also, to any 92FS owners/users here, what do you think of the gun overall?

Default Re: Beretta 92FS question - help needed

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    I really, really want a 92FS. I found one in stock on Bud's web site. Is this a good price?

Here's it is:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/39954

Also, to any 92FS owners/users here, what do you think of the gun overall?
    Around here, they are going for $550-$600. By the time you are done with shipping and all, it'll be closer to $600. Pretty much a standard price, I think.

As for what I think of the gun, it's the only semi-auto I trust as much as a revolver. It's also very smooth, very accurate, and very sexy I love mine, and I loved the ones I used to carry.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

I just read the reviews on that link. I disagree with what the one guy said about "forget about pants carry." Mine is my daily carry gun, and I carry it on the belt, either in a Safariland 5181 paddle holster (the only paddle holster I've ever actually liked) or IWB, currently in an Uncle Mike's holster until I order something better. The Uncle Mike's does work just fine, though.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the info Joe. This gun will be a range toy, so the issue of IWB carry is a non-issue. I'll probably use it for competition shooting, in whcih case it would be riding OWB in a SERPA.

(Allegheny County)

I have an Italian made 92FS picked up back in 2005/6 for around $475 out the door from a now closed shop in Murrysville. Date coded 2004 and has all proof marks and all metal parts rather than the half plastic setup seen on many of the current market 92's. His price after shipping is about average. I've seen a few NIB 92's at the gunshows for around $525 plus tax as well. I have somewhere around 3,000rnds through mine at this point and it has never had a failure or malfunction in any way. Probably one of THE most reliable pistols I've ever owned. I carried mine daily for awhile in a Don Hume IWB holster and it was very comfortable and was able to be concealed under a t-shirt in the summer time. It's an older design and some say it's big for a 9mm but I'd never part with mine.

(Delaware County)

I love my 92fs...it was the first pistol I purchased when I started getting back into a while back. It feels good in my hand...especially after I put Hogue grips on it. I have put about 750 rounds through mine and never a problem...very accurate and a blast to shoot. I have several 15 round mags and then found a couple of Mec-Gar 20 round, flush-mount mags on-line. I read a lot of negative comments about the 92fs/M-9...but I would not trade it for the world.

+

(Berks County)

Check out the Taurus PT92 or 99 - I've shot my buddies and it's very nice. I was looking into getting one and there was a crap load of positive reviews for it. A few websites even rank it above the Beretta.

I know I know Taurus over Beretta? It's just what I've read a few places.

ps - I've never shot the Beretta so I can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    Check out the Taurus PT92 or 99 - I've shot my buddies and it's very nice. I was looking into getting one and there was a crap load of positive reviews for it. A few websites even rank it above the Beretta.

I know I know Taurus over Beretta? It's just what I've read a few places.

ps - I've never shot the Beretta so I can't compare.
    I've owned several of the PT99s/92s, and am a HUGE fan of them. But, they are no Beretta. The Beretta is smoother, more accurate, feels better in the hands, better finished, and a tighter gun. Like all the Taurus', the 99/92s are great guns for the money, but if you spend the extra money on the next gun up it's actually worth it, IMHO.

I do prefer the frame mounted safety/de-cocker of the Taurus (when I owned mine it was just a safety), but not enough to choose the Taurus over the Beretta IF you have the extra money to spend.

(Bucks County)

I have a made in Italy 92FS Compact (same but slightly smaller and 13 rounds) and have to say, its still my favorite.

Here is the kicker: I bought in 1990 for $ 550 yep, you read that right!

(Adams County)

I bought one just over a month or so ago from my local Gander Mountain for $549 brand new. I love it. I've taken it to the range a few times, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. Very smooth, feels good in my hands. Bought a fitted Fobus paddle holster for daily carry, and a BH in-the-pants holster too (the BH was bought online).

I highly recommend it, and when I was there I had the choice of an Italian made or American made. Went with American, since it's the same factory the mil version (MP9) comes out of.

I will definitely buy another one at some point in the future.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast