Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Baofeng UV5army

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Baofeng UV5army

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Unfortunately most of Field Day is out the window this year. You might be able to find a small group.
    Shame, FD is a good way to see and participate.
    I don't know about "Most". ARRL Eastern PA Section has a Slack space where club leaders and ARRL Leadership are discussing which clubs will be having activities, and where. to your Point ALL have at a minimum scaled back their activities, especially eastern section where many counties have not moved out of "Yellow". That said, if you need info on a specific area, I'll be happy to take it as far up the chain as I need to find you an answer or spot where you can participate.

(Allegheny County)

Still have not programmed or used mY radios.

(Philadelphia County)

Part of the problems was clubs reserving space in local parks, then those reservations were cancelled. I know ours was. No back plan in place.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Lebanon County)

Part of the problems was clubs reserving space in local parks, then those reservations were cancelled. I know ours was. No back plan in place.
    I'm sure part of that is also due to much of the area still being in Yellow, some parks will allow use, others not, and as you pointed out, many clubs had no plan B/C/D. I'm happy our club had access to medical professionals who helped create a plan of action that will be leveraged, as well as the team making plans to both proceed as intended, and a contingency. Makes the Club's president's job much easier.

(Philadelphia County)

While it's not public interaction, home stations only, we're going to have a lot more fun doing 13 Colonies http://www.13colonies.us/.
    We're the bonus station.

(Lebanon County)

While it's not public interaction, home stations only, we're going to have a lot more fun doing 13 Colonies http://www.13colonies.us/.
    We're the bonus station.
    sweet, I know I can hit you from my QTH, just going to have to watch the pileups.

(Philadelphia County)

Well it runs 1-7th so you have plenty of time. Here's the spotting page used. http://www.cwfun.org/funspots/us13/us13-show.html

(Cumberland County)

I bought two just for shits and giggles. Totally lost. Even youtubed videos for idiots on them and still clueless. Makes a fairly intelligent guy feel pretty stupid. They will just sit on their chargers, and I'll listen to an fm station every now and then ( the only thing I figured out how to do from videos ) and some day will hook up with someone who can teach me the basics in person I have no patients for stuff like this .....
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

I finally received my $6 baofeng cable, downloaded chirp, downloaded a few different USB drivers, cursed at my equiptment for about an hour, then programmed my radios. Once everything aligned it's was insanely easy. Barely needed radioreference.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

i've got two questions.
    1) was thinking about adding a uv-82 to compliment my uv5, not sure if i should or just stick to the same model i already have, or even add a new brand. any benefits to others? uv-82 the same chip in a different shell?
    also
    2) local police seem to have a radio or two that make a sonar ping when they tx instead of the typical scratch noise. any idea what that is? my understanding is the first noise is data, like my radio identifier code. never heard this before though, a single PING then the officer's speech.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast