Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default How do I make 100% sure I've never had a 302?

In about 2 weeks I'll be moving to PA from NJ, and I want to get a LTCF.

I've already made 100% sure I'm fine on the criminal side of things, I had one misdemeanor (not domestic violence) with a 6 month max possible sentence for which I paid a small fine.

However, I'm only 99% percent sure on the mental health side of things. Never in my memory have I ever been admitted to a hospital against my will, or even with my consent, in fact I've never even spent any time in a hospital except for run of the mill ER visits.

However when I was younger, in elementary school, more than a decade ago, I had behavioral problems and my parents took me to many places to see many doctors.

Like I said, I'm 99% sure I was never committed, but with all the warnings about state police now following up on EVERY denial, I want to be 100% sure.

How would I go about finding something like that out, getting medical records, etc?

Default Re: How do I make 100% sure I've never had a 302?

Do you still speak to your parents, cant you ask them? From what you stated it would appear to me that the answer would be no. IANAL
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Do you have a NJ firearms purchaser ID card or have you ever applied for a pistol permit?

(Allegheny County)

You pretty much need to get a list of those "many places" and start filling out requests for copies of your medical records. (which you will pay for)
    Then you start looking at every page.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Do you have a NJ firearms purchaser ID card or have you ever applied for a pistol permit?
    No, I've never applied because I am quite sure I'd be turned down, seeing as I still live in the same small town that gave me the misdemeanor for carrying a pocket knife, and AFAIK in NJ they can deny you a FID just because they feel like it.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You pretty much need to get a list of those "many places" and start filling out requests for copies of your medical records. (which you will pay for)
    Then you start looking at every page.
    This is what I was afraid of. Lets say I request, pay, and get records from all the major hospitals in the area and my records are clean. If I am later denied on a 302 would that be considered doing my due diligence? Do I basically just have to just "roll the dice" if I can't obtain medical records from more than 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by njexile View Post
    No, I've never applied because I am quite sure I'd be turned down, seeing as I still live in the same small town that gave me the misdemeanor for carrying a pocket knife, and AFAIK in NJ they can deny you a FID just because they feel like it.
    I lived most of my life in NJ and have purchased many guns there and no they can't deny you because they feel like it they have to provide a reason as under the law. What they can do is delay the process as long as and that particular Chief feels like. It sooner or later he will have to sign that piece of paper.

Similar situation of a member from our dept years back.We all aggreed getting an experienced investigator to do the work for you,they will leave no stone un-turned and you will have 100% the information you need ! Investigators just dont do collections and explaing your finances cpould possibly refer you to a Lawyer who may do it Pro=Bono ! All Lawyers are required by the courts to give to their community in the way for free services ! Good Luck ! JMO/MDT

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by njexile View Post
    I had one misdemeanor (not domestic violence) with a 6 month max possible sentence for which I paid a small fine.
    What about drug convictions? There are offenses that will disqualify you for a LTCF even though they don't prohibit you from owning/possessing firearms in general.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    What about drug convictions? There are offenses that will disqualify you for a LTCF even though they don't prohibit you from owning/possessing firearms in general.
    It was for carrying a pocket knife in NJ, as I mentioned earlier.

I was once wrongly arrested for possession of a controlled substance but because they had no evidence (because I didn't have anything) all the charges were dropped. It appears blank on my record from the county, just a court date, no other details.

Unless I can find a pro-bono lawyer I think I will have to just submit a request for records to all the hospitals around here. Luckily there are only 3 or 4. I'm just worried that even if I get the records and they are clean I could still be held accountable if there is something I don't find.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast