Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default HOW NICE: Police to return $1.4 million jewelry worn by Rihanna

LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) – Los Angeles police have agreed to return the $1.4 million worth of jewelry that pop star Rihanna was wearing the night her R&B singer boyfriend Chris Brown is accused of assaulting her, Rihanna's lawyer said.

The earring and three rings that Rihanna was wearing were on loan to the singer, who had attended a pre-Grammy party with Brown hours before the Feb 8 incident. They were taken by police as evidence in the case.

The designers asked for the jewelry to be returned and lawyer Donald Ehre told a Los Angeles judge at a hearing on the assault case that police will first photograph them before handing them back.

Brown is charged with attacking Rihanna in their rented car on their way home from the party. He was not in court on Wednesday. He is free on bail pending a possible trial next month when he could be given probation or up to five years prison if convicted.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

well, isn't that fan-freaking-tastic that the LAPD graciously allowed a million and a half bucks worth of jewelry to the rightful owner. As stated above, Ms. Rihanna was borrowing said jewelry, and I have an incredibly hard time believing that they were any type of "evidence", nor that they needed to be in police custody for over 2 and 1/2 months.

were I the legitimate owner, I would be checking those stones for fakes before signing any paperwork. But, being it's the LAPD, I'd also be worried about catching a whooping if I dared suggest such a thing.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: HOW NICE: Police to return $1.4 million jewelry worn by Rihanna

I agree.. thats about as bad as the Johnstown PD taking NineseveN's guns when he was the "victim" of a trumped-up domestic assault.