Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Krinkov AK 47 Questions?

I am guessing this would be the right forum, considering what I want to do.

I am dying to get a Krink, and make it an SBR.
    Not sure if it will be a kit or a complete firearm.

If I go with a complete Krink pistol, I would have to put a stock on it.
    What is involved in putting an under fold stock on it?
    Do I have to change the receiver?
    Do I have to make some new holes on existing receiver?

I have seen some kits, but not sure if I want to go that route, because I do not have the the proper tools to assemble it, nor do I know anyone who does.
    That is my only problem with getting a kit.
    If it would be easier to just add a stock on the complete pistol, I would rather do that.

So my decision is going to be between a Yugo or a Bulgarian (7.62x39 of course)
    The Bulgarians are more expensive, but I heard that they are better.
    I have seen Bulgarian K-Var kits, and heard that they are the best. Any input?
    Any advice on which one would be better or worse than the other?
    I saw new unissued Yugo M92 kits /w stock included, and Yugo Virgin Kits. What is a virgin kit?

Any advice is appreciated.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Krinkov AK 47 Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIE77 View Post

<snip>

If I go with a complete Krink pistol, I would have to put a stock on it.
    What is involved in putting an under fold stock on it?
    Do I have to change the receiver?
    Do I have to make some new holes on existing receiver?

I have seen some kits, but not sure if I want to go that route, because I do not have the the proper tools to assemble it, nor do I know anyone who does.
    That is my only problem with getting a kit.
    If it would be easier to just add a stock on the complete pistol, I would rather do that.

So my decision is going to be between a Yugo or a Bulgarian (7.62x39 of course)
    The Bulgarians are more expensive, but I heard that they are better.
    I have seen Bulgarian K-Var kits, and heard that they are the best. Any input?
    Any advice on which one would be better or worse than the other?
    I saw new unissued Yugo M92 kits /w stock included, and Yugo Virgin Kits. What is a virgin kit?

Any advice is appreciated.
    The Romy "Draco" or Drago pistols were once a cheap route to go, not so much anymore.

Plus on these, you will need to swap the "pistol" trunnion at the back-end of the receiver for a "stock" trunnion - either a sidefolder or underfolder.

So - work is involved in removing rivets and the pistol trunnion part, then drilling holes and re-riveting the new stock trunnion of choice into place.

More or less drilling will be required depending on stock trunnion selected (Romy or East German S/F as opposed to AMD or AK103), and, if a couple of the stock trunnion holes line up where the pistol trunnion holes do.

Even more work is due if the goal is an U/F; as the U/F trunnion will also require adding the large holes for the stock axis itself.
    (IMHO, you shouldn't have to heat treat the holes as the U/F trunnion insert should take the stress on EU guns, not so on the CHICOMs.)

If starting from scratch, you could combine a "Krink kit" with a folder or underfolder flat (or 80% complete rcvr) and build up a stocked-pistol from scratch - which as you can guess; a lot of work.

IMHO, it would be easier to SBR a rifle - well, at least for me!
    (And I believe Arsenal sells a "Krinkle" already; a rifle with a long-ass flash-hider permanently attached to a Krink.)

A "virgin" AK kit is basically all the new, never-been-assembled parts and pieces of a gun, as opposed to the parts-kits made up from torn-down and de-milled guns. A lot of work to build and again, combine with the receiver of choice to meet your goal.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Krinkov AK 47 Questions?

virgin yugo krink built by overland industries, i bought the kit and nodak spud receiver on form 2 the second one was a polish AOW built by precision weapons when the ban was on, after the ban, i turned it into a SBR that one was done by redjacket firearms also on form 2 so get a kit and go to the atf web sight and get the forms and fingerprint cards you will need two pictures for you forms and your chief of police to sign your papers, i don't know how long it will take but mine were both thirty days to get back to me compared to 11 months for the aow back when clinton was president good luck!

(Philadelphia County)

Very nice Krinks.

I am familiar with the NFA procedures ( I built two AR15 SBR's ).

I was really looking to get the Yugo M92 kit.
    I would like to go the kit route, but I don't have the proper tools for assembly, and I do not know anyone that does them either.

I don't want to try it, and end up damaging something.

Thank you for your response.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    The Romy "Draco" or Drago pistols were once a cheap route to go, not so much anymore.

Plus on these, you will need to swap the "pistol" trunnion at the back-end of the receiver for a "stock" trunnion - either a sidefolder or underfolder.

So - work is involved in removing rivets and the pistol trunnion part, then drilling holes and re-riveting the new stock trunnion of choice into place.

More or less drilling will be required depending on stock trunnion selected (Romy or East German S/F as opposed to AMD or AK103), and, if a couple of the stock trunnion holes line up where the pistol trunnion holes do.

Even more work is due if the goal is an U/F; as the U/F trunnion will also require adding the large holes for the stock axis itself.
    (IMHO, you shouldn't have to heat treat the holes as the U/F trunnion insert should take the stress on EU guns, not so on the CHICOMs.)

If starting from scratch, you could combine a "Krink kit" with a folder or underfolder flat (or 80% complete rcvr) and build up a stocked-pistol from scratch - which as you can guess; a lot of work.

IMHO, it would be easier to SBR a rifle - well, at least for me!
    (And I believe Arsenal sells a "Krinkle" already; a rifle with a long-ass flash-hider permanently attached to a Krink.)

A "virgin" AK kit is basically all the new, never-been-assembled parts and pieces of a gun, as opposed to the parts-kits made up from torn-down and de-milled guns. A lot of work to build and again, combine with the receiver of choice to meet your goal.
    Good info.
    Thank you,
    ZRT -SECTOR-7

(Allegheny County)

I looked at buying the Yugo M92 kits for the last couple months. But there's more to it than just slapping it together. It, unlike the demilled kits - has never gone together. Which means all that is on you. Not to mention all the riveting... and misc jigs etc.

This was more than enough to make me go out and buy an AR instead. lol!

A large portion of the Bulgarian kits are not 7.62. At least any of the triangle side folders that I liked.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    I looked at buying the Yugo M92 kits for the last couple months. But there's more to it than just slapping it together. It, unlike the demilled kits - has never gone together. Which means all that is on you. Not to mention all the riveting... and misc jigs etc.

This was more than enough to make me go out and buy an AR instead. lol!

A large portion of the Bulgarian kits are not 7.62. At least any of the triangle side folders that I liked.
    Putting a AR together is the simplest thing, not so easy on an AK.
    I have built three AR's already, and I love doing it.

I own two AK's that I purchased complete, and I have to build one now.

Yeah, most of the Bulgarian krink kits are 5.45x39, but there is a small amount of that are 7.62x39.
    I saw a few of them, and that is what I would get.
    And I actually like the side folding stock better than the underfold too.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7

(Allegheny County)

Your best bet is to try and find one of the M92s that have the long flash hider pinned. Like this http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta...roduct426.aspx and remove it once you get your stamp back.

The really only other way that is easy is try to find a pistol built on an UF receiver, if that's possible. Not sure if that would be considered intent or not ... most likely it is.

I love the M92s but I would love to have one as a side folder and not an UF.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF