Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norinco

Default Norinco

So I learned something today. I had no idea that Norinco still existed. Or that they still make near exact copies of dozens of really cool guns like M14's, sig 226's and such. I thought their product line consisted of AK's SKS's and 1911's in the 80's and that they were long gone. Even more interesting, I now know that they are banned indefinitely from import in the US but sell like hotcakes in Canada of all places. Who would have thought that Canadians could get their hands on cheap, mostly reliable and serviceable clones of guns that we can't even get here.

I have read stories on other forums that in Canada you can get forged and milled receiver M14's for $400. Wow. It really blows my mind. Here we could probably get them for $100 less if they were legally imported and sold. On the same note, I have enough China made crap in my house, but the idea of a sub $400 M14 really gets me thinking. It would be nice to at least have the option to buy one here.

Shows how asinine some of our laws really are.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Norinco

Oh yeah, Norinco never went anywhere. Their models sell well in New Zealand and I know in Canada they do well too.

There is a lot of corruption in our government. Have a read up in the 1983 book on Interarms on how US manufacturers and SAAMI conspired on the 1968 GCA which brought a lot of foreign imports to an end. It's disgusting that laws are signed into law restricting your freedom just so some crony can make some money.

(Jefferson County)

You can thank Clinton for that. It wasn't a law that stopped the Chinese guns, it was an executive order.

The Norc M14's were good guns too. Their receivers were much better than anything ever made in the US in the past or present, but their internal parts were pretty soft. The thing to do is to get the Norc M14, then change out the guts with US made parts.

The M14's receiver was made from the same steel as their 1911's - 5100 series carbon steel. It is stronger than ANY other steel used in guns, and NO US manufacturer has made a gun in that steel because it is too hard to work. No US or other manufacturer in the world makes a stronger receiver. You will literally go through sets of milling bits if you do custom work on a Norc 1911 receiver. Pretty they aren't, but strong they are.

The Norc 1911 is on the list of platforms that Clark will do the 460 Rowland conversion on. And Norc was highly sought after by pro-shooters for building tourny guns on.

Signed,
    Proud owner of a Norc 1911A1 for the past 21 years - that has never failed to feed, fire, or extract any type of ammo ever.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Tioga County)

Here is what is for sale in New Zealand at Gun City(World's Largest Gun Store) from Norinco:

http://www.guncity.com/?function=pro...alwaysrender=0

All prices in NZ dollars.

SKS's for $400
    Suppressed SKS's for $900
    Full auto M-14 $3000
    Full auto Type 56 $3000
    Type 56's for around $2000
    M-14's for $900

(Allegheny County)

There was a reason Klinton banned the CHICOM military-looking guns.

Yes, as gun owners we want them, but as Americans - we have been living fine without them.

The STILL-Red Chinese - where their .gov keeps a thumb on everything - were slipping full-auto AKs into North Mexico - aka Southern Kalifornia - and were busted.

Unlike Oboingo's F&F, this bust actually worked, and the result is that the CHICOMs lost the vast USA market for cheap ammo, AKs, M14 clones.

They've long since made up with the loss by selling us EVERYTHING else we buy, but who's fault is that?

Anyway, the STILL-Red Chinese are actively looking to take us down and cripple us enough so that we can still pay our debts to them, but at a loss of any leadership role on the planet.

We as a consumer nation already prop those CHICOM fucks up enough as it is, we can hang without their SKSs and AKs.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    There was a reason Klinton banned the CHICOM military-looking guns.
    Don't recall all that as the reason for the Clinton ban.

(Chester County)

Klinton banned Chinese, legal, small arms imports because of his anti (legal) gun agenda, not anything to do with illegal, full auto guns, or trade issues. It was purely to advance the anti gun agenda, nothing more. If it were a trade issue, the real products would have been affected, not the few dollars of gun, and ammo imports.

(Monroe County)

Angry Re: Norinco

FUCKING A People! Get you dam shit straight!
    It was good ole HW Bush that signed the semi import ban that stopped chincoms. Not that I like that coosh-favor cigar non inhaler. But he only squashed the ammo imports.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us...permanent.html
    Import Ban on Assault Rifles Becomes Permanent

By SUSAN F. RASKY; Special to The New York Times
    Published: July 8, 1989

The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States.

Americans own about three million semiautomatic weapons, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, an agency in the Treasury Department that enforces national gun laws. About 25 percent of those weapons are foreign models, including semiautomatic versions of military assault rifles like the Israeli Uzi or the AK-47 Soviet infantry rifle.

Administration officials said that without the ban 700,000 to one million foreign-made assault weapons would have been imported into the United States this year, but they acknowledged that the slack would easily be taken up by domestic manufacturers. A Significant Step yada yada I have not forgot who did what
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    FUCKING A People! Get you dam shit straight!
    It was good ole HW Bush that signed the semi import ban that stopped chincoms. Not that I like that coosh-favor cigar non inhaler. But he only squashed the ammo imports.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us...permanent.html
    I got my shit right.

That was a whole other ban. ...the ban on non-sporting semi-automatic rifles/shotguns. It only affected the importation of non-sporting semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with certain distinct features(same features named later in the AWB on US made guns)..

Clinton banned all further importation - even if the features were modified to comply. Example: Prior to GHWB's ban AK-47's could be imported. After that they couldn't have certain features to be imported, so the MAK-90(Modified AK - year 1990) invented to be compliant. Read - http://www.guns.freaksho.net/rifles/mak90.html
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I got my shit right.

That was a whole other ban. ...the ban on non-sporting semi-automatic rifles/shotguns. It only affected the importation of non-sporting semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with certain distinct features(same features named later in the AWB on US made guns)..

Clinton banned all further importation - even if the features were modified to comply. Example: Prior to GHWB's ban AK-47's could be imported. After that they couldn't have certain features to be imported, so the MAK-90(Modified AK - year 1990) invented to be compliant. Read - http://www.guns.freaksho.net/rifles/mak90.html
    Yep.

As for the end of CHICOM MAK90's and AKS762SPs, shaved-bayo SKSs, thumbholed Officer 9's, and M14S clones with solid flashhiders (even the military-looking fake Kar98 in .22LR); the final nail for CHICOM military-looking guns came when our Federales busted CHICOMs in "Operation Dragon Fire" attempting to sell AKs to Kali gangsters in 1996.

SO... between that, the 94AWB, the constant copyright infringements, Silkworms to anyone that hates us, weapons to mad Africa, nuclear stuff to the Paki's - Klinton bitch-slapped them like a Little Rock street walker. GeeDubII also reinforced CHICOM gun bans.

Not that it hurt them. They STILL persist with their near weekly attempts at corporate espionage and working to make us look like buffoons in the world (not difficult to do at all) while we buy all the CHICOM stuff our stagnant wages and under-employment can afford from our Arkansas Embassies.

Fortunately for those who can't live without a new CHICOM gun; CHICOM shotties are still legal for import.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast