Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Remington 722?

(Franklin County)

Default Remington 722?

im about to purchase a rifle from a friend and he hasn't been very clear on what exactly the model of his rifle is. he says its a remington and its chambered in .222 remington magnum. apparently with the price of ammo and how difficult it is to find ammo for it, he has decided to part with it. does anyone else believe he is talking about a remington 722? i mean the only other rifle i think remington chambered that round for was the model 40. if it is the model 722, should i buy it and for what price? i offered 300, but nothing has been finalized. anyone else have a 722? are they worth owning?
    "Hunting is a privilege, owning a gun is a right" ~ someone from outdoor life magazine..

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Remington 722?

Could be a 722. If it is a .222 Rem. Mag. ammo is going to be on the scarce side. You really need to hand load for this caliber. If you decide to purchase and are going to hand load I have 100 new pieces of Rem. brass I would part with.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Remington 722?

Quote Originally Posted by Pukindog View Post
    Could be a 722. If it is a .222 Rem. Mag. ammo is going to be on the scarce side. You really need to hand load for this caliber. If you decide to purchase and are going to hand load I have 100 new pieces of Rem. brass I would part with.

Jeff
    thanks pukindog, i do plan to reload for in the future. i havn't purchased any equipment to do so, but ill keep it in mind about the brass. conley pricision cartridges i believe offers a pretty good selection of .222 mag ammo. and its sold in lots of 50 rounds. which is both good and bad, i just want 20 rounds so i can get it sighted in and maybe take on a coyote hunt. im just really excited about this gun. im a fan of older guns as well as esoteric/obsolete cartridges. mostly for the reason that i can say "hey i bet you never seen one of these" lol. thats just how i am, but i also enjoy practical which is why i want a remington and i want a bolt action gun, they are reliable and accurate from my experiences. so anyone have any experience with the 722?
    "Hunting is a privilege, owning a gun is a right" ~ someone from outdoor life magazine..