Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Carrying at my wedding...

soooooo, 'mrs.'Steamtown is finally becoming Mrs. Steamtown oficially This April 11th. I've put it off for 6 years .

I normally carry a 1911 On my right hip or SOB when called for. I have seen sob holsters that somehow work with the shirt tucked in??? My carry choices are pretty much limited to 1911's or....1911's. Any suggestions? How did you married guys manage? I'm not concerned with the ceremony but the reception is jackets off time. It's a small wedding with just close family and close friends but Mrs. Steamtown to be seems like she would prefer a discreet carry that day. It's a given that I carry 24/7/365, mrs. steamy can't find a way to fit her 1911 under the dress so, any suggestions?

J

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carrying at my wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by steamtownwelder View Post
    soooooo, 'mrs.'Steamtown is finally becoming Mrs. Steamtown oficially This April 11th. I've put it off for 6 years .

I normally carry a 1911 On my right hip or SOB when called for. I have seen sob holsters that somehow work with the shirt tucked in??? My carry choices are pretty much limited to 1911's or....1911's. Any suggestions? How did you married guys manage? I'm not concerned with the ceremony but the reception is jackets off time. It's a small wedding with just close family and close friends but Mrs. Steamtown to be seems like she would prefer a discreet carry that day. It's a given that I carry 24/7/365, mrs. steamy can't find a way to fit her 1911 under the dress so, any suggestions?

J

First off:

What the hell are you thinking!?!?!?!?!

I mean, congratulations!

Spend the cash for a quality Tuckable holster or shoulder rig. Actually, shoulder rig would be better in case you don't have a tux belt.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Get a tuckable and you're all set. SOB might print less with a tux shirt.

Glad you're packing at the wedding. I always thought that was cool. It would be even cooler if the whole bridal party was "packing"

As for the bride. If you got a smaller gun, a gun in a garter is totally HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Get a tuckable and you're all set. SOB might print less with a tux shirt.

Glad you're packing at the wedding. I always thought that was cool. It would be even cooler if the whole bridal party was "packing"

As for the bride. If you got a smaller gun, a gun in a garter is totally HOT!
    Those bridesmaids need one too!!!!!!!!

(Monroe County)

The Smart Carry works great with a tux... least it did 2 weeks ago for me

That was with an Officers sized 1911, a full size... it would look like she was marrying you for the "package" instead of the "package deal" :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lackawanna County)

I bought a Kel-Tec P-32 for situations like this.
    Can you borrow something smaller from someone in your family or a very close friend? Carrying a full size 1911 under those circumstances is going to be very hard as you stated. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Congratulations to you both. I see we live very near each other neighbor... I'm in the Moosic/Old Forge area.
    I would send you some "rep" but I don't think I can do that with no rep of my own. LOL
    Last edited by ArchAngelCD; September 22nd, 2008 at 02:57 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Sorry, I carry 99% of the time but I would not carry at my wedding. Nor would I carry at one of my children's weddings, etc.

If I'm that worried about something going down at my wedding, I'll hire someone to stand guard at the door.

(Luzerne County)

Congrats on the wedding. Maybe an ankle holster?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by steamtownwelder View Post

J
    Weddings are for the woman, guys are just participants. Do as she wants!!!

LOL

Since you both have a 1911, just make it into a OC event, find her a nice white shoulder holster and some Ivory grips. And get yourself one to match the suit your wearing.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lackawanna County)

aah, tuckble it is, tho I like the open carry event idea. Most of the bridesmaids could conceal a howitzer without a holster

Steve, im surprised to hear that...

I had a glock 36 for cc for awhile but i never could get used to it and never shot ithe glocks as well as the 1911's so i let it go. I've always wanted an officcers, mybe this is the ime to go shopping.

Thanks all!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast