Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Militia leader warning Senate

Here is a video I just found that I can't believe happened. But in a good way. He warned them.......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9c_1226423566

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Militia leader warning Senate

Quote Originally Posted by sluggie24 View Post
    Here is a video I just found that I can't believe happened. But in a good way. He warned them.......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9c_1226423566
    I have rifles and pistols and enough ammo to . . . well, who knows what may come; I am a patriot, and I serve my Country . . . however:

From my point of view, every smart politician is far more afraid of well organized grass roots efforts to sway votes, than of any rifle or militia group that might use force to make their views known. While marching around in the woods thinking they are patriots might be a lot of fun for these guys, if they really want their time and effort to amount to much that the elected pols would really care about, they'd focus on that truism. To get right to the point, while it can be boring and often makes one feel dirty, if you're not happy with what the gov't is up to you have to get involved in politics and do an awful lot of work.

Threatening force against a duly elected gov't really isn't the American way (IMHO). Just being unhappy with whom your fellow citizens vote into office is hardly justification for taking that type of action. If you're not happy with the pols, you have to do the legwork needed to educate and pursuade the populace as to why their choices were unwise. A lot of work but most worthwhile endeavors are.

Flame away . . .

(Chester County)

How long ago was that? Thompson and Spector look young.......

(Montgomery County)

Flame away . . .
    If you inthithst.

Well, I think you make some good points, but.....I believe there is a growing population out there that thinks we have gone past the point of no return. They believe that the government has become so large and powerful, it is beyond salvation no matterhow hard you politic. I hope they are wrong, but.........
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    I have rifles and pistols and enough ammo to . . . well, who knows what may come; I am a patriot, and I serve my Country . . . however:

From my point of view, every smart politician is far more afraid of well organized grass roots efforts to sway votes, than of any rifle or militia group that might use force to make their views known. While marching around in the woods thinking they are patriots might be a lot of fun for these guys, if they really want their time and effort to amount to much that the elected pols would really care about, they'd focus on that truism. To get right to the point, while it can be boring and often makes one feel dirty, if you're not happy with what the gov't is up to you have to get involved in politics and do an awful lot of work.

Threatening force against a duly elected gov't really isn't the American way (IMHO). Just being unhappy with whom your fellow citizens vote into office is hardly justification for taking that type of action. If you're not happy with the pols, you have to do the legwork needed to educate and pursuade the populace as to why their choices were unwise. A lot of work but most worthwhile endeavors are.

Flame away . . .
    No flame from me I am bringing the marshmallows.

I agree IF people are to afraid to stand up (or busy) to spend all of the long hours of thankless work to doing something politically to help solve the political problems we now have.

What makes any of these same people think they have the stomach for all out warfare, long hours of boring waiting around to walk everywhere to fight, poor food, no resupply lines, and lots more harder dangerous work, than trying to make a difference politically.

"If you will not fight when you can easily win, without bloodshed, and if you still will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly, you may well come to the moment when you will have no choice but to fight with the odds against you, and you have only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, simply because it is better to perish as warriors than to live as slaves."
    -- Winston Churchill

Now civil war is nothing I want to see happen any time soon, It may come to that one day when everything goes to hell because most people don’t care enough to stand up now and defend there rights or educate their fellow American’s. Go back and read the Chrirchill quote again and again till it sinks in. No rebel movement will survive for one year without some support from the general population, hence the point for educating the general public every chance you get.

Philadelphia I going to Rep you here and find other post in other thread to Rep you twice for your excellent points.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Philadelphia I going to Rep you here and find other post in other thread to Rep you twice for your excellent points.
    I'll give you a hand with that WF. Rep sent
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Northampton County)

With Fred Thompson in there this had to be prior to 2003

(Wayne County)

My question is what do you do if trying to do this politically fails? Would you let yourself become oppressed? Would you willingly give up your Freedom? Would you let yourself become a slave?

The way how I see the past is that, if we tried a peaceful political way with the British, we would've never become a America. Land of the Free.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBarren View Post
    My question is what do you do if trying to do this politically fails?
    I wonder this too. I always thought that it was common sense to hope for and work for the best, but to always be prepared for the worst. It sounds like some people are advocating putting all their eggs in one basket.

Don't get me wrong, I look at the people that proactively advocate violent revolution with the same disdain as the handful of troops in my unit that were happily excited about the prospect of deploying to Iraq. There is nothing good or exciting about the either of the ideas. Nevertheless, as nice and timeless as the Churchill quote is, there is nothing at all that guarantees that our "victory is sure, and not too costly."

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    Threatening force against a duly elected gov't really isn't the American way (IMHO).
    Threatening force against government is EXACTLY what the gun controllers what us to say. Threats of force from us would be the perfect excuse that the anti's can very successfully use to take our firearms away. Don't get baited into that trap.

I know that we all get frustrated with the government. Take a deep breath, and work for, or donate to the pro-2A candidates. But threatening, or even acknowledging the possibility of use of force, will bring change exactly in the opposite direction that we strive for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast