Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhh no time!

(Bucks County)

Default Ahhhh no time!

Am I the only one that has gotten so stinkin' busy I can't find time to get to the range???? Not only that, but funds are super tight right now, so I guess its not like I can afford to eat up too much ammo anyway. Even though my range membership is a-wastin'..... guess that's the bad part about being a small (very small) business owner...you can't just clock in and clock out and have the rest of the time as your own....

What's the longest you've gone between range visits?
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Ahhhh no time!

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    Am I the only one that has gotten so stinkin' busy I can't find time to get to the range???? Not only that, but funds are super tight right now, so I guess its not like I can afford to eat up too much ammo anyway. Even though my range membership is a-wastin'..... guess that's the bad part about being a small (very small) business owner...you can't just clock in and clock out and have the rest of the time as your own....

What's the longest you've gone between range visits?
    Get some pellet guns. Cheep and fun. (If they are legal in your area). I shoot in my yard and they got my daughter started in shooting.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lehigh County)

I got to the range two weeks ago after a break of several months.

My only guaranteed day off during the week is Wednesday and I've kept a couple small shifts at my old job to make up for the 16% pay cut I took at the new one.

So recently my free time has evaporated. I'm working 30% more and still taking classes full-time (will have my degree in a year and four months at this rate).

So I understand the feeling. I'm much more relaxed and less stressed at work now than I was, but I have less free time outside of work.

I have fallen behind on several things I've been working on with regards to firearms stuff here and I've been just trying to catch up on it all.

I think it's easy to lose free time whether one owns a business or just punches out at the end of a work day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Get some pellet guns. Cheep and fun. (If they are legal in your area). I shoot in my yard and they got my daughter started in shooting.
    Unfortunately I had purchased my son a BB gun before I had any CLUE that they could be illegal....and...yup...in Middletown Twp...they're illegal. Sigh.

I have a friend in another Twp where they're legal, but if I have time to go to the friend's house, then I have time to go to the range....

I tend to do things in spurts. I will go every other weekend for months then not go for a month or two. Then get back on track.

For some reason your post about lack of time and money made me think of this old joke about farmer John.

Old ranch owner John farmed a small ranch in Montana. The Montana Wage and Hour Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his workers and sent an agent out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,' demanded the agent.

'Well,' replied old John, 'There's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 a week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit,' says the agent.

'That would be me,' replied old rancher John.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I tend to do things in spurts. I will go every other weekend for months then not go for a month or two. Then get back on track.

For some reason your post about lack of time and money made me think of this old joke about farmer John.

Old ranch owner John farmed a small ranch in Montana. The Montana Wage and Hour Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his workers and sent an agent out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,' demanded the agent.

'Well,' replied old John, 'There's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 a week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit,' says the agent.

'That would be me,' replied old rancher John.
    Wow, I so identify with that right now! hahahaha, thanks for the laugh!

(Philadelphia County)

Just play video games (I recommend project reality mod for battlefield 2) and lift your rifle like a dumbbell/manipulate it so it becomes weightless to your nervous system or as close to it as possible. Don't bother dry firing. When the shit is flying you'll figure the rest out pretty fast, or you won't. In which case, hide. Don't come out until it has been quiet for a good long period of time.

More important things to do right now than salivate over our weapons and dump money further into the defense industry. Guns ain't gonna grow food.

Unless you want to die, in which case, join the fight! Sacrifice yourselves in the name of fertilizer.
    Last edited by topsykretts; June 23rd, 2012 at 01:31 AM.

What is this thing called "free time" that you speak of??
    Last edited by glocke12; June 23rd, 2012 at 02:23 AM.

(Mercer County)

I stick to my schedule of going to the range 2 or 3 days a week year round. I considered not going this week because it was so darn hot but when push came to shove I was out at the 3 times.

I took the family (read ball and chain and grand kids) to the ocean last week in North Carolina & still found time to go the range twice.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Delaware County)

You just have to make time for things you enjoy, if you don't you get stressed out, I don't like feeling like I'm working for everyone else.

Also, I find more economical ways to shoot, for instance, I put a 22LR conversion kit in my AR15 so I can afford to shoot it often.

You know what they say ... All work no play ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast