Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FN P90

(Lehigh County)

Default The FN P90

I see all these FN PS90's at the shows and dealers, yet I rarely see these being sold. Are these rifles a sucess or failure? With the odd 5.7x28 and high price tag I would think that FN really isn't selling as many as these as they would like. As of now is there any other manufacturers of the 5.7x28 round? Basically what I'm asking is it worth the investment? Does anyone have one and do you like it?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The FN P90

these are pretty popular among those that have some disposable income.
    they prices are dropping, i have seen them NIB for as little as $1400.

the ammo is still $18 or so for 50rds, so its pretty pricey.
    I would like to have one, but it doesn't do much for me that my Fn5.7 USG pistol doesn't already do for me, except be more bulky.

if you want to check out the deal on these, hit the link:
    http://www.fivesevenforum.com
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Fulton County)

i cant see paying that much for it. 30 round and 50 round mag is nice but id need another job to feed that thing.

Then again i heard the days of shooting 500 rounds when you goto the range is over
    i sure hope not....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    these are pretty popular among those that have some disposable income.
    they prices are dropping, i have seen them NIB for as little as $1400.

the ammo is still $18 or so for 50rds, so its pretty pricey.
    I would like to have one, but it doesn't do much for me that my Fn5.7 USG pistol doesn't already do for me, except be more bulky.

if you want to check out the deal on these, hit the link:
    http://www.fivesevenforum.com

If you come across another for that price, please shoot me a PM. I can't find a black one for less than $1800, and I don't want to spend more than $1500. The FS2000 is even cooler though.

Oh, and to answer the question, they are VERY good guns, however, ammo. is expensive. Other than that, awesome guns! They are just pricey to purchase, and pricey to play with.

Thanks,
    Steve

(Lehigh County)

I've seen the OD ones go for around $1400 at the shows but I haven't seen any black ones. So I should I spend my tax return on one or just buy lots of ammo for my other toys?

The FS2000 looks really big and bulky. Its cool that it uses AR mags though.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2496 View Post
    I've seen the OD ones go for around $1400 at the shows but I haven't seen any black ones. So I should I spend my tax return on one or just buy lots of ammo for my other toys?

The FS2000 looks really big and bulky. Its cool that it uses AR mags though.
    All of the owners, that own both guns, say that the FS2000 is even more comfortable than the PS90. Although it looks bulky, with the bullpup style gun, they are both quiet comfortable.

I thought it was neat when it first comes out on the dealer shelf. At the price of about 1300 to 1700 bucks depending on where you look. It seems too much. I was ready to sign on the dotted line but it realized about those 5.7 mm round. If they make it in 223 rem and have that kind of configuration (Did not care for FS2000) I would snatch one up quick.

BTW, I have seen lot of used FN P90S for sale. I guess the fever has cooled, heheheh....

1FingrCHan

(Montgomery County)

I have one of these things. Yep, fun to shoot. Yep, ammo is expensive. Yep, I blew even more money to "trick" it out. For a fairly decent price on one of these check out Ray Tanners or head on over to HKPRO.com and look under MLSECPRO, they had some for 1499.

(Montgomery County)

and further, they aren't going to make a "PS90" in 223, its a totally different action (blowback, like a 10/22), and they'd have to redesign the gun to make that.
    as in, it would get much wider, and longer, and...oh wait, they made the FS2000 for that reason!

I have a 5.7 USG pistol, and several thousand rounds of the old SS192 ammo, i'm good on that front.
    I use the SS195 LF for practice shooting.
    I've shot the PS90, the only rreason I'd get one is if I was goingto SBR it, other than that, its neat, but doesn't really draw my attention so much

I have a FS2000, it rocks, and looks bulky, but really isn't...note the comparison between my 11.5"barel SBR AR15, and the FN in length, the FN is the same size, and has a 6" longer barrel.

"Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lehigh County)

Jaybell you have some nice toys. How do you like your Five Seven pistol? I've only handled one before, it was really light and I thought it felt on the "cheap" side as far as the way it was made.

What kind of stock do you have on your AR and what is the signifcance of it compared to a standard colapisble stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast