Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Change of name and holster question women

My wife has her LTCF under her maiden name. Will be legally changing her last name, does that require notification to the Sheriffs department?

So she really doesn't carry yet but intends to. I have been trying to talk her out of carrying in her bag / purse / pocket book. Would prefer it on her. She is leaning toward an ankle holster as carrying on the waist band may hinder her job performance and she often does not wear belts.
    What are the general feelings out there for how women carry?
    Jizmo3

(Berks County)

Default Re: Change of name and holster question women

On the LTCF, since the sheriffs dept requires notification of address change but doesn't issue a new LTCF to reflect it until the old one expires, they'll probably do the same thing with a name change.

For how women carry, can't help ya there, but in the end how anyone carries is personal preference so if shes set on off body or ankle, thats what shes going to do. Of course, you can always work on her on her days off to get her to carry differently and who knows, maybe she'll like that method for everyday carry.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jizmo3 View Post
    So she really doesn't carry yet but intends to. I have been trying to talk her out of carrying in her bag / purse / pocket book. Would prefer it on her. She is leaning toward an ankle holster as carrying on the waist band may hinder her job performance and she often does not wear belts.
    What are the general feelings out there for how women carry?
    Jizmo3
    You can direct her to this website, http://www.corneredcat.com , it may help her decide on what her best options are.

Your best bet is going to a training class with her.

SB

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSB View Post
    You can direct her to this website, http://www.corneredcat.com , it may help her decide on what her best options are.

Your best bet is going to a training class with her.

SB
    Cornered Cat. Good place to go.

Training Class. Good as long as they separate you. Let the teacher instruct the class, not you. And wifey will keep turning to you if your there. Tony of the Fire Institute set up a Couples Class for PAFOA members last year. First thing he did once we got the better halves there was to separate us from our wives/better halves. You were there, but not with her. She had to pay attention to instructor, and my betterhalf did fantastic. Wants to go to another more advance class now.

Holsters?? That is a tough one. Women dress so differently than men. The way they are built comes into play. Even IDPA realizes this and allows a different holster for women that men can't use. You may have to buy a couple different holsters till she find one she likes. (Look at the bright side, you can sell the extras here in the Classified Section) Try to talk her out of a purse carry. But then, I guess it is better than not carrying at all. They make some nice fanny-packs that may interest her. More secure than a purse. She may have to change her way of dressing to carry concealed. I know I changed mine a bit. And getting her to buy her pants one size bigger to fit a IWB holster, well, you can imagine that conversation.

Right now I have a High Noon IWB holser for the betterhalf to use. She is just getting her carry permit, so, I will let you know what she thinks about it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lehigh County)

already set up for classes, just me and her though. I will be sure it is instructor led and I play no role other than student.
    thanks, will check out the website