Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default moson nagant 91/30 group buy?

I'm not starting a group for buying mosins, I just wanted to know if any of you plan on buying mosin nagant 91/30 rifles? Would you want to do a group buy to save on shipping? This would only be for people in the lehigh valley. Here is the page with the item listed:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....b7ae6cfb8d6598
    Last edited by etep513; March 31st, 2009 at 09:52 PM.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: moson nagant 91/30 group buy?

Not sure if you have one in your area, but I saw them at a dunhams in Lancaster Pa just 2 weeks ago for that price. No shipping needed.

(Adams County)

You may want to check your local Dunhams Sporting Goods store before you go the JG or other mail order route. Last week I purchased a 1943 Russian 91/30 (Tula) at Dunhams on sale for $89. By going this route I avoided the cost of shipping, paying a FFL holder to receive the rifle for me ($30 at a nearby sporting goods store), and I was able to inspect the quality of what I was buying as opposed to the unknown that you get with the JG route. I am not sure if all Dunhams carry relic rifles but I suspect that they do given my conversations with store personnel. There were a number of 91/30 rifles to choose from as well as other models of varying conditions. Thie Dunhams route might be the right route for you too.

You may then want to look to the Sportsmans Guide for ammo. I purchased (880) rounds of non-corrosive 7.62 x 54R for less than $180 shipping included using a $10 off coupon and signing up for the club.

Best of luck

(Lebanon County)

I'd be if we could get one for 60 bucks a piece or less

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I can buy them locally (within 1 hour drive) for less thatn $119 and I get too handle it 1st and see what kind of shape it's in.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    Not sure if you have one in your area, but I saw them at a dunhams in Lancaster Pa just 2 weeks ago for that price. No shipping needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    You may want to check your local Dunhams Sporting Goods store before you go the JG or other mail order route. Last week I purchased a 1943 Russian 91/30 (Tula) at Dunhams on sale for $89. By going this route I avoided the cost of shipping, paying a FFL holder to receive the rifle for me ($30 at a nearby sporting goods store), and I was able to inspect the quality of what I was buying as opposed to the unknown that you get with the JG route. I am not sure if all Dunhams carry relic rifles but I suspect that they do given my conversations with store personnel. There were a number of 91/30 rifles to choose from as well as other models of varying conditions. Thie Dunhams route might be the right route for you too.

You may then want to look to the Sportsmans Guide for ammo. I purchased (880) rounds of non-corrosive 7.62 x 54R for less than $180 shipping included using a $10 off coupon and signing up for the club.

Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Yeah, I can buy them locally (within 1 hour drive) for less thatn $119 and I get too handle it 1st and see what kind of shape it's in.
    Lol, but that's what my problem is. The nearest Dunham's is a good 90 minutes from where I am. I would have to spend at least 3 hours driving (assuming there is no traffic). Add on 1-2 hours in the store. I just don't have an entire day to spend on gun shopping. I already called Cabelas, but they didn't have any in stock. I would have gone to a local gun shop, but some of those madmen think that they can jack up the price 50% above actual value just because Obama is in office.