Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Like him or not!

Glenn Beck is mobilizing this country! It's about time to stop the whining to and about each other. I joined this site because there were people here that felt the same as I do. Now I see lots of bickering to and about everything. This shit NEEDS TO STOP. PUT UP OR SHUT UP or get left behind! If anyone here thinks that ranting on this site does anything to help, you're sadly mistaken. I've been here almost 4 years and hardly ever post, I donated money to the site and time writing my reps. What I see here is divisive not inclusive. Yes, we're all scared, no one more than me. But I ain't going without a fight. So, get involved. The Glenn Beck people are our friends in this battle, a united voice, which is exactly what we need. Get off the name calling, get off the I'm right and your wrong attitude, we need one voice so loud it can't be ignored. (Rant Off) flame suit on!

When the second amendment is gone, the rest won't mean a damn thing!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Like him or not!

No flame from me. I have said something recently along the same lines. I don't care what label we put on what is going on. It is not right and we need to get involved. I'll be at the Philly Tea Party and am looking to get more involved in local politics. I had to withdraw my petition because I made a stupid mistake (address is one thing and districting is something else) but I am still trying to do my part. We all need to get off our asses.

For me ranting here is a way to remain sane so that when I am doing my thing I don't start screaming at people.

(Allegheny County)

what exactly is glenn beck calling on us to do?

in general, i will not support something i do not agree with just for the sake of a unified voice. groupthink is evil and leads to subjugation as well as just bad decision making.

glenn beck once called me, and every one else who supported ron paul, a terrorist. he seems to think true libertarians (as opposed to people like him who call themselves libertarians but are really fascists) are a threat to this country and that we should have our military unleashed upon us.

so, i doubt i will join him.
    F*S=k

inspiring, maybe. echoing, maybe. mobilizing? no.

this also strikes me as very, very funny:

If anyone here thinks that ranting on this site does anything to help, you're sadly mistaken. ... (Rant Off)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    glenn beck once called me, and every one else who supported ron paul, a terrorist. he seems to think true libertarians (as opposed to people like him who call themselves libertarians but are really fascists) are a threat to this country and that we should have our military unleashed upon us.
    i am very skeptical of that. got a link? and i don't want to get into the fascist thing again, but geeze.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    what exactly is glenn beck calling on us to do?

in general, i will not support something i do not agree with just for the sake of a unified voice. groupthink is evil and leads to subjugation as well as just bad decision making.

so, i doubt i will join him.
    LRT, care to post transcripts to when he did that? I'll even settle for a working link to youtube?

If you are referring to Beck's discussion about calling part of your campaign a Money Bomb that is to take place on November 5th being less than ideal and implying something that is not meant then you are way off base. It's funny though that so many who don't seem to know what Beck is talking about always blast him for something they think he said because of some things they saw on the internet. Spend a week listening to his radio show and watching his TV show and then make an informed decision about him and do the same about any of these comentators.

The bottom line is that is not accurate and if it were Ron Paul would not be on Glenn Beck several times each week either on his radio show or his TV show. Unless of course Ron Paul is nothing more than a media whore which I don't think is the case.

If you really want to know what he is calling for watch his show, read his www.912project.com, listen to his radio show. He isn't calling for you to join him, but to join those in your community to take your government back from the corrupt politicians in DC.

(Chester County)

I listen to him from time to time. I haven't watched his tv show. I don't like the religious talk though.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

Glenn Beck's 9 principles of his 912project.com...

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
    Whoops! You had me till number 2. Way to fuck it up buddy.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    He didn't tell you that you had to believe in God. He does recognize that not everyone does, which is why he tells viewers/listeners "if you agree with seven of these..."

i don't believe in god but i don't cower and run when i come across people who do.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
    he didnt say you have to belive in God, or even "there is a God". All he says is that HE does.

your not one of those arrogant atheists that runs around thinking everyone who belives in god is stupid are you?

I am an Atheist (with a capital A), but I come to realize that many many of the kindest, smartest, generally best people in the world do believe in a God. So the fuck what? Its not a deal breaker.

Ron Paul belives in God, and shit, he won Internet President!

on topic:

I like Glen, I'm not 100%, but then again I am not a guy that 100% with most anything or anyone.
    hes def entertaining
    I agree with him much more than I dont
    I hope some people wake up through this, and get more active in the world around them.

really I am not too too concerned about wether or not I agree with people, I am not infalliable. I just think we need more active participant in this world, and that those people use some logic, some open mindedness, and some humility in their lives. Just a little, it goes a long way.

So I think if he helps just a few more people get a little more involved in this world we live in its prob a good thing.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast