Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Mayor Nutcase's...err, Nutter's response

This may have been posted elsewhere but I did not see it. I'm pasting the form-letter response I received to my email protest of Nutter's illegal gun laws. Notice his comment about the number of illegal weapons his office has confiscated...and the assumption that they represent a mere fraction of the illegal guns out there. What he doesn't understand is that the mere passing of more gun laws will not reduce the number of "illegal" weapons, whatever "illegal" weapons are.

Thank you for your email and sharing your thoughts about the recent gun control legislation passed by Philadelphia City Council that I signed into law on Friday, April 11, 2008. It may interest you to know that 1,169 illegal weapons were confiscated in Philadelphia between my first day in office, January 7, 2008 and the day I signed this legislation. This number represents a mere fraction of the total likely number of illegal weapons in the City.

I appreciate that there is a diversity of opinion and passion surrounding gun related laws. I encourage citizens from Philadelphia, and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States, to be active and engaged members of their community concerning issues of Constitutional rights and public safety. I am committed to helping make Philadelphia a healthier and safer city; I believe that the City will move closer to achieving this goal by having laws that focus on five critical areas:
    Temporary removal of firearms from persons who pose a danger to themselves or others pursuant to a warrant issued by a judge.
    Prohibition of persons subject to a Protection From Abuse Order from possessing or purchasing firearms if the Court expressly provides that they are to be confiscated.
    Lost or stolen firearms must be reported to local law enforcement within twenty-four hours after discovering the loss or theft.
    Prohibition of the use, possession or transfer of any contraband weapon, accessory or ammunition in the City of Philadelphia.
    Limiting the purchase of firearms to one per month and providing for reporting procedures which seek to address straw purchases.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. As Mayor, I will continue to work hard towards moving Philadelphia in a new and better direction.

Sincerely,
    Michael A. Nutter
    Mayor

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

(Wayne County)

Question Re: Mayor Nutcase's...err, Nutter's response

Why don't I see anything about the prosecution and conviction of career criminals that use firearms during the commission of a crime without plea bargaining down to a BS charge

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mayor Nutcase's...err, Nutter's response

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Why don't I see anything about the prosecution and conviction of career criminals that use firearms during the commission of a crime without plea bargaining down to a BS charge

huh......Because guns are the problem silly, not criminals, if there were no guns there'd be no crime............ They could empty all the prisons, there'd be no crime.........no guns=no crime........

(Philadelphia County)

What an ass.

That letter is so nebulous it doesn't say anything. . He might as well have included an mpeg of the parent from a Peanuts Cartoon, one of the parts with the adults talking:
    "wa waaa wa waaa waaaaa waa waa"
    cause it had about as much depth to it.

And this prick had very little to do with those weapons seizures.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Berks County)

You are right: He does not give a definition of "illegal weapons". Technically, a single-shot 22 rifle is an illegal weapon when in the hands of a convicted felon.

hmm that looks alot like the email I just got from nutter. almost the exact same. Guess he didn't want to take me up on my offer to meet and arrest me on one of the new laws.

Thank you for your email and sharing your thoughts about the recent gun control legislation passed by Philadelphia City Council that I signed into law on Friday, April 11, 2008. It may interest you to know that 1,169 illegal weapons were confiscated in Philadelphia between my first day in office, January 7, 2008 and the day I signed this legislation. This number represents a mere fraction of the total likely number of illegal weapons in the City.

I appreciate that there is a diversity of opinion and passion surrounding gun related laws. I encourage citizens from Philadelphia, and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States, to be active and engaged members of their community concerning issues of Constitutional rights and public safety. I am committed to helping make Philadelphia a healthier and safer city; I believe that the City will move closer to achieving this goal by having laws that focus on five critical areas:
    Temporary removal of firearms from persons who pose a danger to themselves or others pursuant to a warrant issued by a judge.
    Prohibition of persons subject to a Protection From Abuse Order from possessing or purchasing firearms if the Court expressly provides that they are to be confiscated.
    Lost or stolen firearms must be reported to local law enforcement within twenty-four hours after discovering the loss or theft.
    Prohibition of the use, possession or transfer of any contraband weapon, accessory or ammunition in the City of Philadelphia.
    Limiting the purchase of firearms to one per month and providing for reporting procedures which seek to address straw purchases.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. As Mayor, I will continue to work hard towards moving Philadelphia in a new and better direction.

Sincerely,
    Michael A. Nutter
    May or

Funny how "may or" is messed up on mine, his employees can't even copy/paste meanwhile run a city.

(Indiana County)

I appreciate that there is a diversity of opinion and passion surrounding gun related laws.
    Irrelevant. This is not about "diversity of opinion" or people's feelings. It is about a rogue local government openly flouting state law.

(Dauphin County)

Talk about someone who belongs down in D.C.!

I don't even have words to describe the utter disgust I have for Mayor "Numb-nuts"!

Wow! Just totally, completely, without a doubt...........F-ING WOW!

-38SnubFan

(Lackawanna County)

I reiterate from my last Michael Nutter related post......WHAT A DICK!
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Delaware County)

Nutter is so stupid, why didnt he just ban crime? He could only ban violent crime, let the shoplifters, and unarmed theifs continue as nornal, but ban all violent offences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast