Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Right to Bear Arms? Gun grabbing sweeping the nation

Second Amendment lawyers say his case is not rare.

“NRA and CRPA constantly get calls from law abiding people having problems getting their guns back,” said Chuck Michel of Long Beach based Michel & Associates, who represented Roberts in the case. “The state Department of Justice wrongly tells police not to give guns back unless the person can document ownership of the gun and it is registered in the state DOJ’s database. But the law doesn’t require this.”

Gun owners can’t comply anyway, Michel said, because police themselves routinely fail to enter the firearms into the DOJ’s database, and most people don’t have receipts for the guns they own.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=obinsite
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Right to Bear Arms? Gun grabbing sweeping the nation

I know a guy that had his gun stolen by the cops. It took almost two years to get it back. In the meantime, A whole lot of corruption was detected (cops).

Long story short, the ADA basically threatened him with death if he went to the press with it. You may read about it one day.

Many years ago , a guy with a truck I know had a handgun taken from his glove box by police who stopped the truck for speeding. Guy wasn't driving as he lent the truck to another friend.
    Neither person is barred from possession of a firearm.
    Owner tried but never got gun back , he talked to a lawyer and found out the lawyer would cost more than he paid for the gun and just walked away from the situation.

(Bucks County)

I suppose it would be wrong to hope the current possessor of that gun blows his own head off with it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I suppose it would be wrong to hope the current possessor of that gun blows his own head off with it.
    I suppose it would be wrong to agree too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Many years ago , a guy with a truck I know had a handgun taken from his glove box by police who stopped the truck for speeding. Guy wasn't driving as he lent the truck to another friend.
    Owner tried but never got gun back , he talked to a lawyer and found out the lawyer would cost more than he paid for the gun and just walked away from the situation.
    The police and the DA's know this, and that's exactly why they play the game they do. They know the average person isn't going to spend $3000 in legal fees to get a $500 gun back from them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Second Amendment lawyers say his case is not rare.

“NRA and CRPA constantly get calls from law abiding people having problems getting their guns back,” said Chuck Michel of Long Beach based Michel & Associates, who represented Roberts in the case. “The state Department of Justice wrongly tells police not to give guns back unless the person can document ownership of the gun and it is registered in the state DOJ’s database. But the law doesn’t require this.”

Gun owners can’t comply anyway, Michel said, because police themselves routinely fail to enter the firearms into the DOJ’s database, and most people don’t have receipts for the guns they own.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=obinsite
    It's standard procedure, in ANY petition for return of property, that you prove that you are the lawful owner of the property. It doesn't necessarily require that you have the original receipt; it can suffice that the property was taken from your control, and that it's not reported stolen by anyone else. With no claims except yours, your claim should prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    It's possible to legally lend a handgun to another PA resident who has an LTCF, but it's at least a reddish flag that the gun was in the possession of the friend.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's possible to legally lend a handgun to another PA resident who has an LTCF, but it's at least a reddish flag that the gun was in the possession of the friend.
    There is a tiny bit more to this story , I don't know what it may matter but what had happened is the owner of the gun who owned the truck it was in, was told by the police the gun was found to not belong to him.

Now , the gun had been mine at one time and was sold and transferred all legal like to the guy who became the 2nd owner when the gun was taken by police.

So , we assumed they must have found out or THOUGHT the gun was mine. Since I was the 1st owner the gun ever had since it left the dealer.
    I had never been contacted or anything and told the 2nd owner to get a phone number and I'd see if I could get it back , that never happened though.

I told the 2nd owner to go where we transferred the gun and see if he could obtain a record.
    That never happened , what did happen was I was at the dealers I bought the gun from a while after all this.

The dealer told me the ATF "I think" , or maybe it was the cops , I don't recall that part 100% had contacted him "the dealer" about a gun.
    The dealer thought I had a gun stolen and me not thinking , said I never had a gun stolen and don't know what you are talking about.

Then the dealer told me what kind of gun it was and the gun he was talking about was the gun in question that was taken by police from the 2nd owners glove box.
    So somebody did some tracking on the pistol but never went further than the dealer that sold it.
    Why they never contacted me , I don't know.
    It's been way long enough that I wouldn't expect to hear from anyone.
    Had I been contacted , I could "to this day" provide when and where and to whom is was transferred.
    And if it had been a gun I had stolen , I guess they weren't worried about returning it the owner.........
    Last edited by Boondox; June 2nd, 2015 at 05:13 PM.

(Chester County)

The Police in PA know if you own a gun or not because it is registered and if it isn't registered they can confiscate it even though registration is illegal in PA.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

this shit was RAMPANT during those clinton,reno years of despotism. There were news stories of nighttime raids, with and or without warrants, on some rumor or "tip" from some "Concerned anonymous citizen" (Ex Wife) that Mr. Jones had an "arsenal" of weapons and was making terroristic threats. Later that night Cops show up, shoot the dog take his AR15 and some pistols that "Weren't registered" to him. They would haul him off, then three days later, charges would be dropped, Mr Jones released, and he would go home and try to piece his life back together, maybe get his job back after his boss fired him. The guns and ammo were never seen again, and going after them would be like pissing more money down the drain for court lawyers and time wasted.
    Way back in the years before the internets. After the whole Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Oklahoma Federal building bombing. People were afraid to get under the hammer of the ATF.
    And Our Queen Clinton will bring the same pain, 25 years later. Go ahead and vote for her highness. I dare you.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; June 3rd, 2015 at 07:46 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.