Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Lightbulb Man burns WATER as fuel

Reseacher and inventor John Kanzius was searching for a cure for cancer when he discovered how to ignite saltwater with his RF emiting device.

The video shows a small engine being powered by the flame he's producing and he claims could someday power a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vSx...elated&search=

I'm speachless. Guys like this fellow could get us out of the oil biz. Good for him.

The only question is how good is the ratio of energy released to energy spent running the emitter?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Default Re: Man burns WATER as fuel

Thats crazy! Sounds like the hydrogen fuel cell idea, just reversed.

(Lebanon County)

This may or may not be a more efficient way to seperate the hudrogen and oxygen in water. There is already a system on the market that use water to produce HHO gas for welding. It has been used to power automobiles too. The process uses electricity to break water down into it's basic elements, 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. The gas burns very cleanly and efficiently and the only by-product is water. The true test will be getting one of these systems to produce more energy than it consumes.
    Search HHO to see more info.

(Lancaster County)

It sure would be great if they could. Then maybe we could tell the oil-barons to go suck eggs.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by T Durdin View Post
    It sure would be great if they could. Then maybe we could tell the oil-barons to go suck eggs.
    Probably not, they oil-barons will see this idea, offer the inventor a few billion federal reserve notes, and then bury this technology in a deep underground vault, never to be seen again.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

Wouldn't that ruffle some feathers

(Centre County)

Horseshit. While the whole thing is definitely "neat", that RF generator consumes more energy than is released by the combustion.
    Last edited by RandomTask; July 8th, 2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: grammar typo

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Horseshit. While the whole thing is definitely "neat", that RF generator consumes more energy that will is released by the combustion.
    I was wondering how long it would be before someone thought of that.

Good job RandomTask!!

(Erie County)

1. Agree with randomtask
    2. Agree with Diego

I was watching something on one of the cable news shows. In Iran you can drop your car off at a mechanic in the morning and by noon your car will run on natural gas.

Our oil economy will never change, they are simply too powerful. It took a military dictator in Brazil to change their oil economy.

Unhappy Re: Man burns WATER as fuel

The response I sent my sister when she e-mailed me the clip:

They talk of saltwater as the fuel, but they do not mention to energy needed to run the microwave, which needless to say does not run on salt water. Water is formed by an exothermic reaction of Hydrogen and Oxygen, that is it releases energy (heat) when formed. This is the flame observed in the clip. To disassociate the water molecule, the same amount of energy is required to break the covalent bonds between the Hydrogen and Oxygen. The microwave is providing this energy. Now add in the Second Law of Thermodynamics, in short, nothing is perfectly efficient. The result is a neat science trick that consumes more energy than it generates. Not a very good fuel. When it comes to energy think of the gas pump and remember, nothing is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast