Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Unhappy UNREPAIRABLE PYTHON

Bought a 'new to me' python a while ago and right for the start was having problems with way off center primer strikes and misfires. It worked fine with federal ammo due to the soft primers but was terrible with anything else. I was thinkng that it was out of time in some way even tho it locked up tight.
    I finally went to target master and they sent it back to colt for me. Turns out that the hole drilled for the firing pin was drilled off center.
    Colt offered to buy it back from me at the price I paid. I'm going to take th emoney and buy a GP100 and put th ebalance away and use it towards another python when one comes around.
    Hats off to colt for standing behind their product and also to target master for helping me out.

Default Re: UNREPAIRABLE PYTHON

glad to hear they took care of you.. thats unfortunite the python is a helluva gun, I've got a friend who has one and latley has been talking about selling it to get a few new guns i'll toss you a PM if he decides to

(Delaware County)

XD..I would really appreciate the heads up. I'm disappointed that the python couldn't be fixed. It was my favorite gun. Thanks again.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    Hats off to colt for standing behind their product and also to target master for helping me out.

They're standing behind it by accepting the blame for it, but a better choice for them would be to fix the mistake so you can keep your gun! But it seems that Colt isn't very interested in making guns for civilians any more.

I'd insist that they give you enough to buy another Python.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Delaware County)

Bloom..Colt is giving me what I paid for it ($1200). They could have just returned it to me and done nothing. They are being more than fair as far as I'm concerned. I'll buy another one when the right one comes along but until then, I'll enjoy shooting my 642 and GP100 that I'll buy with the refund.

Hey glassman

I was poking around a small local gun shop and saw a nice Python 4" barrel with
    3 grips for 675. Saw it half way across the store. Damn it was sold. There were barely any drag marks on the cylinder, really great shape.

I was really disappointed. I don't have the money( at least I shouldn't spend it), but I've been looking around for a used 686 or gp100 with a 4". That would have been sweet.

I feel your pain a little.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Washington County)

My best friend has a Python 357 Mag. with a six inch barrel that's never been fired and has the original box and papers when he bought it. It was bought in the mid 70's. He just sold my brother inlaw a Ruger Bicentenial Security Six with the original red box and papers and it also was never fired. $375.00. He also has a never fired High Standard Trophy 22 cal nver been fired.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

Quote Originally Posted by PAGLOCK23 View Post
    never fired. $375.00. Standard Trophy 22 cal nver .
    Your killing me!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Westmoreland County)

I was just looking up some info on the Pythons. Wow, they are expensive. Does anyone know why the Pythons are so much more than the Anacondas? I have an Anaconda with an 8" barrel and love it.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Hey glassman

I was poking around a small local gun shop and saw a nice Python 4" barrel with
    3 grips for 675. Saw it half way across the store. Damn it was sold. There were barely any drag marks on the cylinder, really great shape.

I was really disappointed. I don't have the money( at least I shouldn't spend it), but I've been looking around for a used 686 or gp100 with a 4". That would have been sweet.

I feel your pain a little.
    I'll eventually get another one but will shoot it before the money passes hands. I love the look and craftsmanship of an older blued revolver so I bought this to ease my pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast