Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Something strange happened at the range today

I was at the indoor range today, which is the clubhouse with tables turned and butted together at one end to make the shooting line, and targets 50 feet away at the other end, and at one point I noticed something strange. There were three groups of friends and a couple of loners like myself. About twelve or thirteen shooters altogether. Everyone except myself and one other guy was shooting a Springfield XD of some kind. Some XDMs, some sub compacts, some full sizes you name it but they were all XDs. I can see a group of buddys where one of them gets the gun, tells all his friends how great it is and they all buy one too. I just thought it was strange how so many people had the same type gun. Talk about good marketing on Springfields part. I had 2 XDs and sold them both. They were great guns that just didnt get used and subsequently sold off for other purchases. BTW the other guy was shooting a Beretta PX4 Storm and I had a Sig 226 and S&W 325. We traded pistols a few times and he seemed to really like the Sig and I pretended to like his PX4 as to not be rude. Maybe he was pretending to like my gun too! Good range day though. The XD army seems to be growing.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Something strange happened at the range today

I have 2 XDs, both 5" model 9 and 40sw. The 40sw was my first XD and I can't seem to part with it even though I don't use it. I put a Springer trigger kit in the 9mm and its awesome. Next will probably be a fiber optic front site. I've never had a problem with them... good guns.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Northampton County)

The XD is like a Glock........only better.

I actually did pick up another Glock a few months ago (last time I was home on leave) because I wanted something small.......but well, it's already gone. I do keep trying to branch out though, I recently picked up a Colt Gov't model 1911, shot it today.......great pistol, points like.......well, like an XD. Familiar grip safety too.......the Croatian Sensation will probably never surpass Gaston's tupperware in sales or cult following, but it's a damned fine design and every bit as good a pistol as any Glock ever made.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    The XD is like a Glock........only better.

I actually did pick up another Glock a few months ago (last time I was home on leave) because I wanted something small.......but well, it's already gone. I do keep trying to branch out though, I recently picked up a Colt Gov't model 1911, shot it today.......great pistol, points like.......well, like an XD. Familiar grip safety too.......the Croatian Sensation will probably never surpass Gaston's tupperware in sales or cult following, but it's a damned fine design and every bit as good a pistol as any Glock ever made.
    Still smokin' crack, eh?
    Hahahahhahahahahahaha!
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(York County)

Yea SA did some pretty good marketing, but noting beats word of mouth. It must be a special fan club for XD's. I would like to join but I have to save up for the annual funds of the Glock fan club.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I was at the indoor range today, which is the clubhouse with tables turned and butted together at one end to make the shooting line, and targets 50 feet away at the other end, and at one point I noticed something strange. There were three groups of friends and a couple of loners like myself. About twelve or thirteen shooters altogether. Everyone except myself and one other guy was shooting a Springfield XD of some kind. Some XDMs, some sub compacts, some full sizes you name it but they were all XDs. I can see a group of buddys where one of them gets the gun, tells all his friends how great it is and they all buy one too. I just thought it was strange how so many people had the same type gun. Talk about good marketing on Springfields part. I had 2 XDs and sold them both. They were great guns that just didnt get used and subsequently sold off for other purchases. BTW the other guy was shooting a Beretta PX4 Storm and I had a Sig 226 and S&W 325. We traded pistols a few times and he seemed to really like the Sig and I pretended to like his PX4 as to not be rude. Maybe he was pretending to like my gun too! Good range day though. The XD army seems to be growing.

I love the opportunity to enjoy trying out different guns at the range. Trading a little trigger time has been a fun thing to share.

I tried a storm, and liked it. I found it to be a lot like a Polymer Sig. Now the XDs you can keep em!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Erie County)

Sounds like range time around here but it's predominately Glocks. I might have had a little to do with that.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Still smokin' crack, eh?
    Hahahahhahahahahahaha!
    I think there was something in the dust and sand in Iraq personally...........but I also still like my XD's better.