Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default My opinion about an OC exp. i saw

First of all let me say upfront that i am new to oc/cc.
    That said, I was in a T. H. in Bangor the other night, a LEO was inside talking to the clerk while i was inside shopping, a 20 something kid comes into the store in a t-shirt(20 degree out) with his shirt up over his weapon.
    He walks all over the store around the LEO then buys his smokes and leaves inside the car he begins to high 5 his friends and laughing at the cop.
    The LEO never said a word to him (to her credit) she def. saw the gun an acted very non-pulsed by his obvious stupid behavior.
    I was actually angry @ his behavior. I am definitely not a cop lover nor do i think they are all bad, but growing up i've had some very bad experinces with the police as bullies and i am cautious and distrustful around them.
    That said, I enjoy living in PA where i can carry. i have oc/cc several times so far but i do not see a reason to antagonize the police. i carry for protection and i carry because i can. I open carry because it is more comfortable.
    But i think if the reason you carry open is to invoke a response so you can cry about harrasement then you are too immature to carry.
    I am 40 yrs old I was that immature kid, I just want to be left alone to live my life but when people act stupid and their actions can cause me to be harrassed that pisses me off.I am not looking for people to agree with me i just needed a place to vent
    thanks,
    Tim

Default Re: My opinion about an OC exp. i saw

Kids are stupid.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tim81688 View Post
    I am 40 yrs old I was that immature kid, [Tim
    HUH? What does this mean?

(Northampton County)

It means i remember being his age.
    ...and acting stupid!

(Bucks County)

So why exactly is this person immature? Obviously I wasn't there, but it sounds like someone was open carrying, while high-fiving his friends and laughing. I'm missing the immature part. When you say "laughing at the cop" do you mean he was staring at the officer, and pointing? How exactly did you figure out that they were laughing at the cop, and not just having a good time?

I can't speak for everyone, but when I open carry, I try to draw as little attention to myself as possible. If people notice that's fine, but I'm not trying to shove my rights in anyone's face. The whole idea is to demonstrate that a person can have a gun without anything bad happening. Though, for some people it is just more comfortable to open carry, and it has nothing to do with making a statement. For me, its a little bit of both.

(Northampton County)

Do you usually OC or CC around? Don't think I've ever seen you around town.

-
    Chris

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    So why exactly is this person immature? Obviously I wasn't there, but it sounds like someone was open carrying, while high-fiving his friends and laughing. I'm missing the immature part. When you say "laughing at the cop" do you mean he was staring at the officer, and pointing? How exactly did you figure out that they were laughing at the cop, and not just having a good time?
    Sorta what I was thinking. I've been very wrong about the meaning of people's behavior in public before. Could have been a million reasons they were cracking up other than taunting a cop. Even if the cop was part of it, it could have been like this:

"You better put your coat back on before you go in there, there's a cop."

"Bite me. They don't care, I'll walk right by her."

I was involved in something analogous (no cop). On a range trip one morning I was riding with two guys that CC. We pulled up to a convenience store and they mocked me. The driver pulled right up in front of the door instead of parking, and said, "Here you go, I'm going to park in the gettaway spot." I responded, "Gee, thanks a lot."

The door was locked as they were just getting ready to open. So I knocked on the door and an employee came over to open the door. My buddy shouted from the car, "If it were me, I wouldn't let you in!"

That could have appeared to somebody else like we were trying to cause trouble but that was not the case. My friends are just Polocks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by reddog176 View Post
    Do you usually OC or CC around? Don't think I've ever seen you around town.

-
    Chris
    Usually CC except for the summer when it's nice out.

(Bucks County)

He's the kind of person that makes OC hard for others. I'd be willing to be he normally conceals but wanted to test the cop with his "look I have a gun" antics. Carry how you like, just do it responsibly.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Monroe County)

What makes you think this kid was being stupid or that he was purposely "OC'ing to piss a cop off"? When I go into a gas station, I usually wander around for a few minutes looking for a snack that catches my eye. Would that be considered taunting a cop, if one were to be there? Also, how do you know why he was high fiving his friends, and that they were making fun of the cop?

If anything, it's middle aged/old people like you who have a cause for concern where none exist because you generalize all youths as worthless trouble making assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast