Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default must a person provide ID while in any vehicle if stopped by a peace officer?

I'm curious, does a person have to identify if they're in any vehicle if they're not doing anything wrong? My question related to the use of roller blades.

Also, does anyone happen to know if the use of roller blades in the city of Pittsburgh is legal and where(street or sidewalks)?

Default Re: must a person provide ID while in any vehicle if stopped by a peace officer?

Well, blading is legal in the streets, but not the sidewalk. I find it even more humorous for pittsburgh police to say, "*cough* people skate all the time on the sidewalks, even if someone complains the person is usually gone by the time we get there." ^_^ I think I love Pittsburgh LE, I've concluded they're wonderful people since I've been speaking with them on various questions.

(Wayne County)

Exclamation Re: must a person provide ID while in any vehicle if stopped by a peace officer?

I thought the laws state you have to supply I'd when asked by a peace officer. Otherwise they could site [consider] you for loitering, or pandering.
    When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
    A Man's Got To Know His Limits.

Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: must a person provide ID while in any vehicle if stopped by a peace officer?

Roller blades? A friggin' VEHICLE? Roller blades?

Lord, give me strength...
    Last edited by Emptymag; June 21st, 2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unix_slayer View Post
    I thought the laws state you have to supply I'd when asked by a peace officer. Otherwise they could site [consider] you for loitering, or pandering.
    They've no right to see any ID if you're not doing anything wrong.

I'm not sure about PA, but here in AK you don't have to carry ID unless you're driving.
    Last edited by gunperson003; June 21st, 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: lost my link I wanted to post

(Franklin County)

There is no legal requirement to present "paper ID" if you are not participating in a privileged activity (driving, hunting, concealing a firearm).

Rollerblading is not a 'privileged' activity, thus you do not need to present ID. An example - if you would steal a little old lady's purse while doing rollerblading, you may certainly be detained and even arrested for doing so. You would still have absolutely no legal obligation to possess or present a gov't issued ID.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

I'm curious what info you've based this on?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

what does loitering or pandering have to do with showing ID?

I sure hope your not PSP.......

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    There is no legal requirement to present "paper ID" if you are not participating in a privileged activity (driving, hunting, concealing a firearm).
    If I am CC and a cop demands my LTCF, I need to provide it? Or does he need RAS to detain me and demand My LTCF.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm curious what info you've based this on?
    In most states in the Union, they would consider you a vagabond, or drifter without possessing a wallet without I'd.
    Last edited by unix_slayer; June 21st, 2008 at 11:08 AM.
    When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
    A Man's Got To Know His Limits.

Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast