Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Sterling sub gun now semi?

A friend sent me a message that Classic Arms (http://www.classicarms.us/)
    is now selling a semi auto carbine version of the 9mm carbine WWII Sterling 9mm submachine gun.
    Since I like all kinds of WWII type guns, it looks very appealing to me at a pretty decent price. I just did a search to see if mags are available and saw that people on PAFOA had already made a post.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/642...rling-9mm.html
    This may be a little cheaper? Anyway, it does look cool for a gun that you have seen your whole life in the movies. Does anyone know if the stock folds?

NEW STERLING SMG 9MM SEMI-AUTO RIFLE. BASED ON ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS MILITARY DESIGNS IN THE WORLD. THESE ARE NICE. UNDERFOLD STOCK, VENTILATED BBL SHROUD, 34 ROUND MAG FEEDS FROM THE SIDE.... THESE WILL BE HOT...... COMES COMPLETE WITH 2 MAGS
    STERLING-SR..........$479.95

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Sterling sub gun now semi?

The Sterling was in trials during WWII, but went into full service in 1953. It looks somewhat similar to the WWII Sten. I think it was also the basis for the Stormtrooper guns in Star Wars, so be careful because it may be impossible to hit the target with one

(Pike County)

Somebody was also making these back before the ban, don't remember who.

(Allegheny County)

The original Dagenham, UK Sterling Arms-made MK6 semi carbine came into the USA in the mid-80's, but while certainly nice with its 36rd roller-mag and crackle-finish, it became a victim of its pricing - an insane for the time ~$750.00.

That was in the same territory for Delta HBARs, the H&K 9x guns, Valmet M-series, original Yugos, few bucks shy of a true FN 50.xx FAL or AUG, SA M1A, even some full-auto (which in pre-86 days you could easily find cheaper than top-shelf semi's) guns. Or a squad-full of CHICOM AKs, plus crates of the steel-core ammo to shoot.

Needless to say, they didn't move that many. Many a dealer sat on one for a lonng time before the 89 foreign import ban hit and it was anything goes.

Too bad, as they shoot great for a 9mm carbine, and are MOMan accurate, but don't quite have that "in the hands feel" of their H&K94 competitor.

This is great news for Sterling fans that WiseLite arms is cobbling these together for Century, and at an affordable and realistic price. I'm embarrassed to say what I paid for my Dagenham gun in the Klinton era.

Go here for a ton of Sterling chatter...

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Yes the stock folds and that is a great price, buy one ,they are lots of fun.Wiselite is now offering a barrel shroud and 10 round mags also (not cheap)