Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Glyde

(York County)

Default Samsung Glyde

Anyone have one, good, bad. Thinking about getting one to replace my old phone. Just wondering about opinions, thanks.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Samsung Glyde

Packerfan,

Hey.. I used to work at verizon as a tech.. One of the phones that I had was the glyde.. When it first came out it was full of glitches due to it being samsung first touch screen phone... After a couple of software updates to the phone I will say that it is very reliable. I havent had no issues with it after doing the updates. If your buying the phone new from a vzw store... it will come with the latest software update..

If you have anymore questions PM me or reply back to the thread!

Julius

(York County)

My two years is almost up on mine. I was reading reviews and was second guessing my chioce. I wanted to know how they work with the latest update. More like the lg dare I guess. Would love a dare but too much $$ and I didn't want to get stuck with the glyde and have it really suck.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
    My two years is almost up on mine. I was reading reviews and was second guessing my chioce. I wanted to know how they work with the latest update. More like the lg dare I guess. Would love a dare but too much $$ and I didn't want to get stuck with the glyde and have it really suck.
    Go to Walmart!! They have the dare for $99, with a two year contract, if you have new every two, its $50 off that price yet. I can't upgrade until October though! Walmart will tell you that they do NOT honor the new every two, I called verizon instantly after they told me that. Verizon said that "walmart should honor it, if they say they dont, call us BEFORE they finish the sale and we will talk to them." Otherwise the dare is like $129 through verizon.

(York County)

My wife has the new every two phone where she gets a $100 credit. Mine would just be a regular two year renewal, would the prices still be the same?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
    My wife has the new every two phone where she gets a $100 credit. Mine would just be a regular two year renewal, would the prices still be the same?

The new every two I thought was only $50? I would double check with whoever. Like I said though walmarts thing is they have it for $99, but they say they wont do any discount verizon offers, but the lady on the phone at verizon and her supervisor both said if they say no, just call them and they will talk to whoever it is at walmart. Verizon from them direct has it for $179, plus the 50$ comes to 129$. If you have a greater discount then of course it will be cheaper...and i'll be very jealous haha.

I don't want to give you bad information about discounts though I'd feel bad. I personally would double check with verizon with everything, and even ask them about the whole walmart issue. I know I'll double check when I am able to upgrade my phone.

If what was explained to me over the phone, your price for just a regular renew you'd be looking anywhere between $99 and $129. Your wife would be cheaper with that extra discount.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; March 14th, 2009 at 08:19 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

It depends on your price plan how much the NE2 credit it... I think if your plan is above 79.99 its $50 and if its over 79.99 its $100..... walmart is not a bad place to go if its cheaper but I always reccommended going to a corporate store. Mainly because you get your phonebook transferred, any accessories you get will be covered under 1yr warranty, you dont have to worry about any problems with your warranty for your phone due to the tech not finding a proof of purchase..

What are you looking too do with the glyde?? One reason why i chose the glyde over the dare was because i like having an actual keypad.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenjewelz View Post
    It depends on your price plan how much the NE2 credit it... I think if your plan is above 79.99 its $50 and if its over 79.99 its $100.....
    I have a $39.99 plan. And I get $50.

Their site has this if this helps anyone out

Get a free device every two years with New Every TwoŽ.

Sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 and qualify for a free device worth up to $50 (depending on your plan) with a two-year contract renewal, or transfer your New Every TwoŽ credit to another line on your account.

(Philadelphia County)

yeah i meant if you have a plan under 79.99 you get 50... sorry. BTW the link isnt clickable.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenjewelz View Post
    yeah i meant if you have a plan under 79.99 you get 50... sorry. BTW the link isnt clickable.
    Which link?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/g.../worryFree.jsp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast