Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default rcbs chargemaster

Should i go for it and buy an rcbs chargemaster for $300? Its about 3x the price of a uniflow powder measure and stand. Do you guys rely 100% on the loads it puts out. Do you check the loads every so often with another scale?

(Columbia County)

Default Re: rcbs chargemaster

I would highly recommend the chargemaster. I have one and do trust it 100% for load accuracy... much more so than any powder thrower. I have checked mine many times to ensure the accuracy and it was always right on or off by about .1 grains... but I actually would trust the chargemaster over my Lyman I was testing it with.

Quote Originally Posted by okinawanfighter View Post
    Should i go for it and buy an rcbs chargemaster for $300? Its about 3x the price of a uniflow powder measure and stand. Do you guys rely 100% on the loads it puts out. Do you check the loads every so often with another scale?
    I don't own one yet, but several good friends do. They're the most accurate electronic thrower that I know of. There are actually modifications and ways to ensure that they're more accurate. My buddies always check theirs (sometimes with a jewelers scale), and they're always +/- .1 grains. Oh and just in case you get one, they're most accurate when they're plugged in a power strip and not plugged directly into the wall.

(Westmoreland County)

hi,,,don't have the dispenser,,,but the 1500 scale i do have,,,recently bought a pact dispenser and scale,,,i use the 1500 to weigh the pacts and it is dead-on with the pact,,,100% to the 1/10 th,,,both are great dispensers,,,i chose the pact because it was over $100 cheaper and saved money was tight,,,the lyman SUCKS,,,don't even consider it,,,oh by the way,,,i'd like to buy an rcbs dispenser only for a back-up,,,if anyone has one for sale,,,pm me,,,thanks

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bang-flop View Post
    ,,,the lyman SUCKS,,,don't even consider it,,,
    Why? I have had a Lyman DPS1200 II for about 3 years now and have never had any, I mean any, problems with it. It consistently throws charges that are +/- 0.1 grs or better. I check the calibration before I use it and it has never been off yet. I am extremely happy with it as well as all the Lyman products I have used/purchased over the 30+ years I've been reloading.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Columbia County)

In case you may be debating which digital powder dispenser to get (if you even decide to get one), here's the link to a thread I posted when I was debating which digital powder dispenser to get:
    Best Digital Powder Dispenser

Here is also a link to a good comparison of all three digital powder dispensers:
    Electronic powder measure comparison test

(Lebanon County)

I love my charge master and would not trust a thrower system for accurate and consistent charges with ALL powders. Not only does the charge master consistently throw out an accurate charge, it also works well with all kinds of powders. I have even gone as far as using my charge master for Black powder. I would not use anything else for reloading.

Brad

I have had a Chargemaster for a year now, and while I do not reload huge amounts, when I do, I randomly check it for accuracy with a triple beam scale. So far it has been 100% accurate for whatever powder and charge I have used.

(Lebanon County)

Love my chargemaster. Every rifle round I load is done with it. The only time I don't use it is when I am loading 45acp or 9mm in progressive mode on my Dillon.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    In case you may be debating which digital powder dispenser to get (if you even decide to get one), here's the link to a thread I posted when I was debating which digital powder dispenser to get:
    Best Digital Powder Dispenser

Here is also a link to a good comparison of all three digital powder dispensers:
    Electronic powder measure comparison test
    thanks max, seems everyone liked the chargemaster. Good to know. Right now I'm measuring each load on a scale as you where doing. Can I ask why you didnt go with just a powder measurer like the rcbs uniflow. I'm kinda torn between the uniflow and the chargemaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast