Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Police: Good Samaritans Stop Rape In Progress

Score one for the good guys!

It's too bad none of them were carrying. Could have wiped this scum from the face of the earth for the better good. Too bad he'll probably only end up in jail for 5-7 years, then get out to do it again.

http://www.kptv.com/news/14441750/detail.html

SALEM, Ore. -- Five Good Samaritans stopped a rape in progress in a south Salem neighborhood, according to police.

Officers said a 22-year-old woman on crutches was walking near the intersection of Liberty and Boone streets southeast just before 1 a.m. Saturday when she was attacked and assaulted by 37-year-old Paul Landingham.

According to authorities, a car with five people was driving by, saw what was happening and came to the woman's rescue.

Three men pulled Landingham off the woman and held him until police arrived at the scene.

The best part of this story is the mugshot of the perp.
    It seems like they did a good job "holding him for the police"

I hope that they were able to stop him when the attack began, and I hope the victim is not harmed too badly.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Police: Good Samaritans Stop Rape In Progress

Thats awesome news, well except the rape itself.. I hope she's well..

Looks like he slipped and fell to me... a couple times..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

OWwwww that's gotta hurt.................

Looks like he fell on his face.......

Couldn't have happened to a better guy

Looks like a really big guy to me.
    And remember the old saying " the bigger they are the harder they fall". Obviously he fell on his own face.
    I hope that poor woman is okay. The mental anguish is sometimes worse than the physical.
    My prayers go out to her.
    And to those that held him for the police, thank you. You have restored my faith in humanity.

(Bucks County)

Good for them, i hope he doesnt get away with any kind of lawsuit towards the people that beat him up...well i guess he just fell huh...I hope he gets thrown in jail for a long time, there is no place for that, this offense should be treated like murder. He was attempting to strip that girl from all her natural and human rights, same when someone is murdered. He should get the death penalty.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ca2pa View Post
    Good for them, i hope he doesnt get away with any kind of lawsuit towards the people that beat him up...well i guess he just fell huh...I hope he gets thrown in jail for a long time, there is no place for that, this offense should be treated like murder. He was attempting to strip that girl from all her natural and human rights, same when someone is murdered. He should get the death penalty.
    I would have given you rep points for that post but I need to spread some around first.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    I would have given you rep points for that post but I need to spread some around first.

I spread the love!

(Jefferson County)

ditto the above^^
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

In a world gone absolutely haywire, it is still good to see that some people will still step up, in defense of someone else. I wish there was more emphasis on this and other courageous actions that take place everyday. Then maybe the rest of the world would take this type of initiative as commonplace, rather than something we have to celebrate. I tell people, here in Philly, that they are the only ones who can take back their neighborhoods, and end the problems. The politicians don't want to realize that if they want the people to help them, then they need to give them the ability to defend themselves from retribution, because the police can't be everywhere to defend everyone, as much as we may try.

Oh yeah, the "Goiod Samaritan" Law should prevent this guy from bringing any civil suit against the people who "detained" him. Lucky I wasn't the cop I might have let them detain him a little more. You have to hate when you have to keep trying to help the guy who keeps falling down and you can't stop him from doing it.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Venango County)

The problem is when the line blurs between Good Samaritan, and Vigilante Justice!

I'm all for vigilante justice, but it makes us as gun owners, even though this case has nothing to do with a gun, look bad.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast