Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Does anyone use mag loaders,ie uplula.

Does anyone actually use these things? My xd came with one and I tried it as soon as I got home, and found it to be a hassle. I found using my hands was much faster. Yes, my thumbs did get a little worn out working rounds into the magazine but now its easy as pie.

Has anyone found a that using these mag loaders is better for them than using their hands? I'm considering gifting one to a friend who has trouble loading his mags, he actually has to stop its so painful for him.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Does anyone use mag loaders,ie uplula.

I watched a video online for the UpLULA and it has me interested. I might pick it up over the summer. It looks like it loads mags pretty easy once you start going.

(Berks County)

Definitely give it to your friend. I use them sometimes, especially with new mags when the springs are tight. The uplula is a nice upgrade from what the manufacturers put in the case with the firearms.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Pike County)

I Habe and use an Uplulu loader, my old hands get painful (arthritis) after four or five reloads for a magazine while at the range. It takes a little practice but once yo have it down it makes life easier. If your not comfortable with it and dont need it definatly give it to your friend, I'm sure he will thank you for it.
    hgsw67

(Bucks County)

I really love them and have one of each for AR, AK, M14 and pistols. I say play with it some more as I can not imagine anybody not thinking they are great especially compared to loading my hand.

(Dauphin County)

I have the Uplula....greatest range tool eve, if your shooting alot of rounds...and on very cold winter range trips... I love mine

Talking Re: Does anyone use mag loaders,ie uplula.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Does anyone actually use these things? My xd came with one and I tried it as soon as I got home, and found it to be a hassle. I found using my hands was much faster. Yes, my thumbs did get a little worn out working rounds into the magazine but now its easy as pie.

Has anyone found a that using these mag loaders is better for them than using their hands? I'm considering gifting one to a friend who has trouble loading his mags, he actually has to stop its so painful for him.
    I doubt you got an uplula with the gun. What you got was a mag loader from the factory. I got a mag loader with my Ruger and Taurus which isn't anything what the Uplula can do. It takes me almost 1 1/2 minutes to load my 17 round mag with the mag loader. I got an Uplula after I tried one at an IDPA shoot and now I can load my 17 rounders in 25 seconds. There is no way your hands are faster than the actual Uplula speed loader. You might be thinking the mag loader is an uplula....not even close. I wouldn't part with mine for anything now.......
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bersa45 View Post
    I doubt you got an uplula with the gun. What you got was a mag loader from the factory. I got a mag loader with my Ruger and Taurus which isn't anything what the Uplula can do. It takes me almost 1 1/2 minutes to load my 17 round mag with the mag loader. I got an Uplula after I tried one at an IDPA shoot and now I can load my 17 rounders in 25 seconds. There is no way your hands are faster than the actual Uplula speed loader. You might be thinking the mag loader is an uplula....not even close. I wouldn't part with mine for anything now.......
    i know its not an uplula. its the factory loader the xd's come with.

uplula is the only third party mag loader that i know of. his glock came with a factory loader too. they both suck. i was going to pick one up for him as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    i know its not an uplula. its the factory loader the xd's come with.

uplula is the only third party mag loader that i know of. his glock came with a factory loader too. they both suck. i was going to pick one up for him as a gift.
    Once you go Uplula, you wont't back. Don't try it before you give it to your friend because you'll keep it for yourself.......
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Northampton County)

Yup, the Uplula is very nice. And much faster than hand-loading, even for my Glock mags, which are quick to load anyway.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast