Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default keyboard shortcuts

Are there any good keyboard shortcuts that can be used , in lieu of the mouse ?

My reason is an old injury to my hand flared up and I am experiencing difficulty with the mouse . and yes it is annoying trying to use 7 fingers and 2 thumbs.

Ed

(Delaware County)

Default Re: keyboard shortcuts

Have you tried a trackerball?

No , I will probably check them out later this week. Sounds like a good way to avoid some of the difficulty. Thanks have agood holiday.

Ed

I did use the tab key and the backspace key and that helped, but the tracker ball sounds like it might do the job.

heres a list of windows shortcut keys http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

Look at some keyboards online also, there are some that you can pretty much do it all with.

I had wrist porblems with regular keyboards due to how fast I used to type so I got an ergnomic 6000, it has all kinds of web browsing stuff built in, I dont use them...but they're there.

(Monroe County)

Here's the Keyboard and Trackball that both DC and I use. I find the finger trackball easier to use unless you go track happy, the thumb ones seem to awkward .

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by er2006 View Post
    Are there any good keyboard shortcuts that can be used , in lieu of the mouse ?

My reason is an old injury to my hand flared up and I am experiencing difficulty with the mouse . and yes it is annoying trying to use 7 fingers and 2 thumbs.

Ed
    I hear ya there..I just had both hands operated on for carpal tunnel release and I'm only 21...haven't been able to shoot for 4 months, but now the burning/tingling in my hands have gone away completely.

I once was able to type 100wpm @ 98% accuracy until I became addicted to online gaming and got lazy and started using PC gamer terms and lingo. I'm still probably around 60-70 wpm though.

Being in the IT profession and writing code for webpages and etc. I'm constantly using the keyboard & mouse. I personally use a gaming keyboard/mouse, but since my surgery I've started using a wrist rest for the keyboard which I never used before.

Good luck with your hand issues.