(Northampton County)

Default Oregon Town Citizens take action

"Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Blair County)

Default Re: Oregon Town Citizens take action

Terrorists! All of them!

Just look at these "extremist" views:

"I believe in standing up for myself rather than waiting for the government to do something for me," said Sam Nichols, a retired marina manager.

(Centre County)

God bless them! Now, if we could just have more citizen policing everywhere else.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Northampton County)

We can't go around having citizens protect themselves, we need the GOVERNMENT to take care of us!!!!!!! HA HA HA

This is what you would call an organized militia in my book, doing what the constitution gives us the freedom to do. This is the way that America works. BUT now you just watch that now that they are in the media, what are the chances that the National Guard will be called in, OR they will get GOVERNMENT funding to get more deputies, OR Obama will use this as an example of how we need to raise more taxes.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by bradjc72 View Post
    We can't go around having citizens protect themselves, we need the GOVERNMENT to take care of us!!!!!!! HA HA HA

This is what you would call an organized militia in my book, doing what the constitution gives us the freedom to do. This is the way that America works. BUT now you just watch that now that they are in the media, what are the chances that the National Guard will be called in, OR they will get GOVERNMENT funding to get more deputies, OR Obama will use this as an example of how we need to raise more taxes.
    What many fail to realize, or for that matter appreciate, is that prior to the early 1900's when 'professional' police forces were established, this is how things were done. A Sheriff would 'deputize' a posse, or a town would establish volunteer 'regulators' and they would take care of the more 'petty' crimes, as well as help chase down murders and horse thieves. I think many of the more 'civilized' 'educated' individuals would prefer to forget the independence and self reliance this country was founded on and made strong by.