Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Feels good to be armed again.

Been working out of town the last couple months in Cleveland Ohio, east side of town and from what I was told it's the worst part of town. Everyday I drive through this neighborhood it seemed like I was in the movie "Boyz in the hood". Needless to say my Pa license is a no go in Ohio so I left my G17 at home and let me tell you it sucked not having it with me. I never needed it thank god but if there's one time in my life I wish I had it it was there.

Anyway it's great to be back in the great state of Pa with my G17 riding along side. I did notice there are lots of places in Ohio with no gun signs on the doors, guess it kind of suck for those who are able to carry there as it seems there are alot of non gun friendly places.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Feels good to be armed again.

I truly feel your pain, Ohio needs to get its shit together and acknowledge our LTCF. I NEVER go to Ohio because they wont. I have often thought about the amount of money that states economy could gain had they had a big ol welcome sign for us Bible clinging gun toter's from PA.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

As I am sure you know, the Utah license allows you to carry in Ohio. Now while I am currently planning on getting utah knowing that I was going to be on the job in ohio for a period of time I would definitely move on getting it myself. Anyways I know what you mean. Being back in school and unable to carry everyday drives me nuts even though my school has little to no crime.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I truly feel your pain, Ohio needs to get its shit together and acknowledge our LTCF. I NEVER go to Ohio because they wont. I have often thought about the amount of money that states economy could gain had they had a big ol welcome sign for us Bible clinging gun toter's from PA.
    Yes they are a little behind in recognizing our LTCFand Pa and Ohio should get it done ASAP. I didn't mind going there to work just wish it was in a better part of Ohio. I swear sirens were going 24/7 in that neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    As I am sure you know, the Utah license allows you to carry in Ohio. Now while I am currently planning on getting utah knowing that I was going to be on the job in ohio for a period of time I would definitely move on getting it myself. Anyways I know what you mean. Being back in school and unable to carry everyday drives me nuts even though my school has little to no crime.
    Yes I'm aware of the Utah license but honestly I have neither the time or desire to get one. My Pa LTCF serves me well where I normally travel and now that the job is complete I have no reason to go to Ohio again. I frequent Va. often so I'm good to go.

(Crawford County)

One day class and a short wait for the peace of mind seems logical to me. Got mine and glad I did considering AZ also.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity View Post
    One day class and a short wait for the peace of mind seems logical to me. Got mine and glad I did considering AZ also.
    Along with Pa I have FL and VA. I'm taking the Utah class on the 29th. Even if you don't plan to travel it's not a bad idea to be able to carry in adjoining states. You never know.

(Lancaster County)

IIRC you can open carry in OH without a license there.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent