Default Re: how can i get my ffl

338- You can start looking here-

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/fflc/ffl/ffl_types.htm

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Centre County)

Don't bother if you are going to use it mainly to buy guns for yourself. The BATFE severly frowns on this and will not issue a license for this. However, if the vast majority of your sales are to the public (like for every 15 guns sold you buy 1) they will not say anything if you purchase for yourself.

Here is some of what you will need:

PA Firearms license
    Any local licenses and/or approvals
    PA sales and Use Tax license
    A storefront business or approval for a home based business from the local government agencies (the BATFE would prefer a storefront, but will give approval for some home based businesses if the loacals give their approval)
    Federal License (and you will need to prove to them that you have or can get the above before they approve/issue the FFL)

Not a true requirement but you're looking for trouble if you don't have them:
    Set up a business (either LLC, Corp, or sole proprietorship (however, with this[s p] if something goes wrong they can take everything you own)
    Business insurance (unless you are independently wealthy and self insure)

Then you have to start filing a PA business tax return (boy is it confusing the first time) and a federal business tax return.

You really need to give it some serious thought before jumping in. I can just about guarantee that you won't make a lot of money unless you grow the business to be very large.

Any other questions you can PM me and I'll try to give you an answer stemming from my experiences (I have a gun repair business).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Cumberland County)

ok thanks for the info looks like this is a lost cause for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Don't bother if you are going to use it mainly to buy guns for yourself. The BATFE severly frowns on this and will not issue a license for this. However, if the vast majority of your sales are to the public (like for every 15 guns sold you buy 1) they will not say anything if you purchase for yourself.

Here is some of what you will need:

PA Firearms license
    Any local licenses and/or approvals
    PA sales and Use Tax license
    A storefront business or approval for a home based business from the local government agencies (the BATFE would prefer a storefront, but will give approval for some home based businesses if the loacals give their approval)
    Federal License (and you will need to prove to them that you have or can get the above before they approve/issue the FFL)

Not a true requirement but you're looking for trouble if you don't have them:
    Set up a business (either LLC, Corp, or sole proprietorship (however, with this[s p] if something goes wrong they can take everything you own)
    Business insurance (unless you are independently wealthy and self insure)

Then you have to start filing a PA business tax return (boy is it confusing the first time) and a federal business tax return.

You really need to give it some serious thought before jumping in. I can just about guarantee that you won't make a lot of money unless you grow the business to be very large.

Any other questions you can PM me and I'll try to give you an answer stemming from my experiences (I have a gun repair business).
    Listen to him, He is one of the wise sages here!!!!