Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default 🇺🇸 New AL law to allow concealed guns without state permit effective Jan. 1

🤗 Alabama on Jan. 1 will become the latest state to allow people to carry a concealed handgun without a state permit that requires a background check.

The new state law ends the requirement for a person to get a permit to legally carry a concealed handgun in public. A person can still choose to get a permit if they want to do so.

The proposal had been introduced unsuccessfully for years in Montgomery, before winning approval this year. The legislation was championed by gun rights advocates who call it "constitutional carry," in reference to the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Opponents, including state sheriffs and others in law enforcement, argued the permits help combat crime and enhance public safety.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-al-la...tive-jan-1.amp

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: 🇺🇸 New AL law to allow concealed guns without state permit effective Jan. 1

Alabama is looking better fo retirement all the time. Tax benefits and now constitutional carry. O boy. It doesn*t hurt I was born in Tuscaloosa. Roll tide.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: 🇺🇸 New AL law to allow concealed guns without state permit effective Jan. 1

Well that's 25 states that have passed Constitutional Carry laws. I doubt we'll see it in PA any time soon. Aren't we the only state that doesn't allow hunting with semi-autos?
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

They have come a long way since 2011 when I needed to get a New Hampshire nonresident license to carry there.