Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default C&R License Question

I am applying for my C&R License. My question is who would be my Chief Law Enforcement Officer?

Sheriff
    State Police

I think they say whoever would come to your door if you called 911. In my case that would be the state police. I live in a rural area with no local police department.

Just wanted to doublecheck here first.

Thanks!
    CM
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: C&R License Question

If there are no city police, what about township police? If none of those, I would use the sheriff.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    If there are no city police, what about township police? If none of those, I would use the sheriff.
    Thanks evilash!
    No city or township police. At first I was thinking Sheriff but then a saw something somewhere that said send it to whomever would come to my door when I called 911. So I just figured I ask here to see where others have sent theirs.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Washington County)

Mine went to the Sheriff a few years ago.

Never got any indication of "You're doing it wrong."

I just sent mine to my local cop, my town has one cop a part time Offcer. That must have been just fine because I got my C&R no problem.
    Sector 4

(Lackawanna County)

If the PSP comes to your door than it would be to whoever the ranking officer of the barracks is. The copy of the form to them is for there information, they just put it on file unless there is some reason you should not have and they will inform the BATFE. Send it to the them with a letter stating you are informing them and complying with the requirements of the C&RL. Or you can just drop it off to them. If you are still unsure just call them. When you get you C&R you will be welcomed to the world of CRUFFLER. My self being a long time proud member. (it's sort of an unofficial club)

Definition CRUFFLER: the Type 03 Federal Firearms License is known as the Curios and Relics Federal Firearms License. Abbreviated, this becomes C&R FFL, or CRFFL. Now, CRFFL, if you were to try to pronounce it, would come out something like "cruffle." Hence, the holders of these licenses have taken to referring to themselves as CRFFLers, or CRUFFLERS. So, we have a whole new lexicon:

Just an FYI do not use any forms from the internet to apply. Get your form from the BATFE. The people who were using the copy from the internet recently have been getting their forms sent back. The forms must be official from them.
    Last edited by Blue301; September 12th, 2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: content

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue301 View Post
    If the PSP comes to your door than it would be to whoever the ranking officer of the barracks is. The copy of the form to them is for there information, they just put it on file unless there is some reason you should not have and they will inform the BATFE. Send it to the them with a letter stating you are informing them and complying with the requirements of the C&RL. Or you can just drop it off to them. If you are still unsure just call them. When you get you C&R you will be welcomed to the world of CRUFFLER. My self being a long time proud member. (it's sort of an unofficial club)

Definition CRUFFLER: the Type 03 Federal Firearms License is known as the Curios and Relics Federal Firearms License. Abbreviated, this becomes C&R FFL, or CRFFL. Now, CRFFL, if you were to try to pronounce it, would come out something like "cruffle." Hence, the holders of these licenses have taken to referring to themselves as CRFFLers, or CRUFFLERS. So, we have a whole new lexicon:

Just an FYI do not use any forms from the internet to apply. Get your form from the BATFE. The people who were using the copy from the internet recently have been getting their forms sent back. The forms must be official from them.
    Thanks Blue! I got the packet mailed to me. The form is green and will be filed this week. I pass the barracks occasionally, so I will just draft a letter and drop it off.

Thanks to everyone.

(Lackawanna County)

No problem. Just a little advice for what it is worth. If you don't have it filled out yet. Copy the form and fill out the copy first. When you are satisfied you have it 100 percent correct then fill out the BATFE copy. You don't want it kicked back because they can't read what you may have scribbled out or was not legible. So many get kicked back for clerical crap. I see the stories all the time.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue301 View Post
    No problem. Just a little advice for what it is worth. If you don't have it filled out yet. Copy the form and fill out the copy first. When you are satisfied you have it 100 percent correct then fill out the BATFE copy. You don't want it kicked back because they can't read what you may have scribbled out or was not legible. So many get kicked back for clerical crap. I see the stories all the time.
    I did and I have the copy all filled out. I have check it a few times but will check it over again before I fill out the green copy. I do that with almost every application cause I am the master of screwing forms out!

(Lackawanna County)

LOL. I'm sure everything will be fine. Then as my friend always says to me Happy Fencepost hunting!!! I have gotten some really nice rifles and handguns that fall into the C&RL. So hold on to your wallet the addiction begins........Make sure when you get the C&RL you do not sign it. Make lots of copies and sign those but not the original. If you need some pointers when you get it PM and I'll give you my number.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast