Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Good day it was

(Lackawanna County)

Default Good day it was

Was shooting today when i let another guy shoot my MKIII 22/45, 5.5 barrel, target Ruger that has a Millett red dot scope on it, he fell in love with it, just had to have it, i said make me an offer, $600 he said , SOLD i said, so down to the gun shop we went, did the transfer, i felt bad that i took that much for the gun so i gave him a box and a half of mini-mags, he was like a kid in a candy store, he left, probably to go back to the range and shoot all the ammo i gave him, he was happy, i was VERY happy.

There i was $600 in hand, Ya i just had to buy another gun, it's a self control issue thing, i have none around guns when i have money in hand, sooo, i walked out of the gun shop with a NIB Heritage Arms, 22/22mag, steel frame, adjustable sight, 6.5 inch barrel, Rough Rider AND 2, 50 round boxs of CCI MAXI-MAG ammo, out the door for $275 AND $325 in my pocket, it was more than a good day, it was an outstanding day.
    Last edited by redeye202; May 4th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(York County)

Default Re: Good day it was

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Was shooting today when i let another guy shoot my MKIII 22/45, 5.5 barrel, target Ruger that has a Millett red dot scope on it, he fell in love with it, just had to have it, i said make me an offer, $600 he said , SOLD i said, so down to the gun shop we went, did the transfer, i felt bad that i took that much for the gun so i gave him a box and a half of mini-mags, he was like a kid in a candy store, he left, probably to go back to the range and shoot all the ammo i gave him, he was happy, i was VERY happy.

There i was $600 in hand, Ya i just had to buy another gun, it's a self control issue thing, i have none around guns when i have money in hand, sooo, i walked out of the gun shop with a NIB Heritage Arms, 22/22mag, steel frame, adjustable sight, 6.5 inch barrel, Rough Rider AND 2, 50 round boxs of CCI MAXI-MAG ammo, out the door for $275 AND $350 in my pocket, it was more than a good day, it was an outstanding day.
    Well done sir!

(Lehigh County)

Can't beat that deal.

(Lackawanna County)

Going out later to do some single action shooting, got some tin cans and golf balls all ready to go.

(Indiana County)

Just figured I'd pass on the funny reason why you can even buy a steel framed Heritage:

Manufactured for specific States where alloy frames were not legal for sale. This Rough Rider quickly became a popular seller with the old timers who desire the feel and ruggedness of traditional steel. The finish offered on these steel models is our Black Satin Finish. It offers our shooters a low glare with a deep rich look.

LEGAL FOR SALE IN HAWAII, ILLINOIS, MINNESOTA & SOUTH CAROLINA
    http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/department.cfm?id=1525

Isn't that a frickin joke or what?

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Just figured I'd pass on the funny reason why you can even buy a steel framed Heritage:

http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/department.cfm?id=1525

Isn't that a frickin joke or what?
    Still scratching my head wondering why alloy framed guns would be illegal. Are those the ones that can go through airport security without setting off the metal detector or is that Glock? I'm confused, lol.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Still scratching my head wondering why alloy framed guns would be illegal. Are those the ones that can go through airport security without setting off the metal detector or is that Glock? I'm confused, lol.
    I never took the time to look up the laws in those states, but my guess would be that some asshat legislator watched a movie about how alloy guns can have the serial numbers erased easily or like you said, that they can somehow get through a metal detector.
    The only other possibility would be that some environmental idiot says the alloys have some dangerous metal in them.

But all in all, pretty stupid law for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    For the younger guys on here one of the first Idiot gun laws against scary guns was the saturday night special. We did not have scary assault weapons for them to bombard the un-informed masses with. Alloy frames were the plastic guns of the day and a little cheaper to manufacture. The leftist bastards dreamed up these guns that only a mugger or robber would want.

They decided that any alloy that melted below an arbitary decided number was bad because that made them less expensive. At most levels this bull shit did not fly in areas owned by Democratic Liberals a few laws were passed.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Berks County)

Well played my man!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lackawanna County)

Got out to shoot it Sunday afternoon, had one very fine day, shot 100 mini-mags and 100 maxi-mags, i'm still working on accuracy and getting the sights dialed in, but what the hell, it's a tin can and golf ball plinker, hit what i aimed at 80% of the time, every round went bang, no duds.

The mini-mags are fun out of a 6.5 barrel, the maxi-mags are the most fun rimfire round you ever shoot, they don't go bang, they go, CRACK BANG, those here who shoot them know what i'm talking about, and to me, they have just the right amount of recoil.

If you want to get out shooting in these crazy times ammo wise, get yourself a single action revolver with a 6.5 barrel that can shoot 22 magnums [ they can be had, unlike the 22 LR ], yes they are a little more expensive than 22LR, but way cheaper and more readily available than most other ammo, i paid a high $15 for 50 rounds, but it beats $28-$32 for 50 rounds of 38 special.

Get out and shoot people, life is to damn short not too.