Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA asking us to contact Senate to vote YES on Amy Barrett for SCOTUS

-
    GOA asking us to contact Senate to vote YES on Amy Barrett for SCOTUS
    -

From GOA email alert.

Send email here: https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=9785

President Trump just announced he's nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

From a Second Amendment perspective, Judge Barrett appears to be a strong choice. She has indicated a willingness to examine and apply the Second Amendment as written, by looking at its text and using history as a guide.

While Senate Democrats will follow orders from Kamala Harris to obstruct Judge Barrett, only 51 Republicans have said they'd even be willing to vote on a nominee.

That means we can only afford to lose 1 MORE SENATOR.

We need your urgent help turning up the heat on spineless Senators who will be pressured by the inevitable smear campaign coming against Judge Barrett.

Please add your name to our pre-written letter telling YOUR 2 Senators to CONFIRM Judge Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court before the November 3rd election.

Gun Owners of America had thoroughly examined the judicial records of every single one of President Trump's potential nominees.

In one opinion she wrote last year, Kanter v. Barr, Judge Barrett took issue with the idea that a U.S. citizen could ever fall into a category of people who are banned for life from exercising a constitutional right.

Judge Barrett has shown that she would reject the two-step balancing test that has run rampant in the lower courts and instead apply the text, history, and tradition test from Heller.

She has also shown concern that the Second Amendment could be treated as "a second-class right."

For these reasons, we fully expect Judge Barrett's confirmation to be a nasty fight just like Justice Kavanaugh's was.

The founder of Moms Demand Action has called Judge Barrett a "Second Amendment extremist" -- and Michael Bloomberg's Everytown has already begun MATCHING donations for their imminent smear campaign against her.

It's clear that Judge Barrett's nomination is angering the right people, which is why we need to fight to ensure she makes it to the Supreme Court.

So please, add your name to our pre-written letter telling YOUR 2 Senators to CONFIRM Judge Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court before the November 3rd election.

Send email here: https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=9785

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Senior Vice President
    Gun Owners of America

-
    Last edited by Berncly; September 26th, 2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Default Re: GOA asking us to contact Senate to vote YES on Amy Barrett for SCOTUS

We already have one solid yes and one solid no in PA, why should we expend any further effort?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA asking us to contact Senate to vote YES on Amy Barrett for SCOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    We already have one solid yes and one solid no in PA, why should we expend any further effort?
    Because this is the most important thing we can do for the 2A right now.
    Because the "effort" is ridiculously easy.

Pressure is always helpful even when you think you know the outcome.
    Giving up on any 2A vote is a gift to Bloomberg and everyone anti 2A.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Kiln dried Casey is 100% no, and Toomey is a 98% yes.

He really pisses me off with the background check BS. I Think it pisses me off even more because he's really solid on just about every other issue. More so than about 75% of all republican politicians.

I freaking despise Toomey for his 2nd amendment betrayal. But over the years I have posted reluctant support for voting for him in the general elections several times.

It*s things like this that make voting for him worth it even if he is a backstabber on the 2nd. It gives republicans breathing space. He barely beat McGinty in 2016. (Less than 2 percentage points). If he lost the McGinty would be firmly against Barret. With Murcowski and Collins against nominating before the election and Mark Kelly possibly winning Arizona before the vote, there would be enough opposition to sink the Barret nomination.

Basically...... despite my disdain for Toomey and his backstabbing on the 2nd, things like this validate me taking the lesser of the 2 evils and voting for him instead of cutting off my nose to spite my face.. If enough people said *fuck Toomey* in 2016, the barret nomination might have been dead on arrival today.

elections have consequences..... Not voting for Toomey could have been catastrophic in the current situation.

Where he stands on the Barrett nomination.
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...court/2540748/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I freaking despise Toomey for his 2nd amendment betrayal. But over the years I have posted reluctant support for voting for him in the general elections several times.

It*s things like this that make voting for him worth it even if he is a backstabber on the 2nd. It gives republicans breathing space. He barely beat McGinty in 2016. (Less than 2 percentage points). If he lost the McGinty would be firmly against Barret. With Murcowski and Collins against nominating before the election and Mark Kelly possibly winning Arizona before the vote, there would be enough opposition to sink the Barret nomination.

Basically...... despite my disdain for Toomey and his backstabbing on the 2nd, things like this validate me taking the lesser of the 2 evils and voting for him instead of cutting off my nose to spite my face.. If enough people said *fuck Toomey* in 2016, the barret nomination might have been dead on arrival today.

elections have consequences..... Not voting for Toomey could have been catastrophic in the current situation.

The lesser of two evils is literally the only reason he's still in office. If the dems were somehow capable of producing a candidate that wasn't 100% in lock step with their communist agenda Toomey would be on his ass in no time.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

The senators from Alaska and Maine said they were against the nomination taking place before the election, but that ship has already sailed. While I do not like either of them, think they are RINO's, and pander to the female vote at the expense of being conservatives, has either said they will oppose the nominee and/or vote against her? They have a decision to make, and the risk of alienating their voter base by rejecting a fully qualified nominee, whom they both voted YEA to install as a Federal judge, should be weighing heavily in their minds.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    The senators from Alaska and Maine said they were against the nomination taking place before the election, but that ship has already sailed. While I do not like either of them, think they are RINO's, and pander to the female vote at the expense of being conservatives, has either said they will oppose the nominee and/or vote against her? They have a decision to make, and the risk of alienating their voter base by rejecting a fully qualified nominee, whom they both voted YEA to install as a Federal judge, should be weighing heavily in their minds.
    Both of those women do it because they want power. If the leadership knows they have to give up some concessions or extra money and benefits to get their vote they'll hold out until they get what they want. That's how those two wield power over Senate votes. It has nothing to do with party affiliation or firm political beliefs it's about money and power.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Both of those women do it because they want power. If the leadership knows they have to give up some concessions or extra money and benefits to get their vote they'll hold out until they get what they want. That's how those two wield power over Senate votes. It has nothing to do with party affiliation or firm political beliefs it's about money and power.
    I agree with you Jen, and my point is that these two voted for her once before, so now that the nomination has been made and party leadership intends to go forward with the process, they will have to determine how blocking her this time will impact their respective futures in the Senate.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Toomey is also solid on every other 2A issue besides the bug up his ass he has about background checks. He's against red flag laws, assault rifle bans and magazine limits.

I'm not a one issue voter, but the 2A has been the most important issue to me since I've been old enough to vote. The fact that he does vote pro Constitution 95% of the time and how close the party division of the Senate, it was an easy choice to make.

On the other hand, there's Brian Fitzpatrick, the Independent anti-gun progressive Orange Man Bad voice of Bucks County.

I voted for him once but nothing on God's green earth could ever make me do it again.

I'll correspond with Toomey to let him know how I feel about ACB. Casey will vote no even if all 12.7 million PA residents asked him to vote for her.