Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To danp from Rebel Agitator

Danp, I know I told you last night that I was going to bow out due to so much in- house trivial bullshit that I felt did not treat firearms ownership seriously, but I felt compelled to respond to the post about handgun accuracy from a new shooter.

As we discussed, I feel that firearms owners can rapidly become endangered species if we are not already and we need to take it very seriously and treat each other with respect.

Also, It is amazing that shooters are concerned with firearms registration and gun control yet will post pictures of all of their guns on a web site and even post serial numbers. Just questioning, but is that smart? Like lots of country folks, I may be ignorant , but I ain't stupid.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: To danp from Rebel Agitator

Most of these guns were purchased new or transfered. Do you know where that info goes? I sure as hell don't, but I wouldnt be surprized if the feds didnt already know who owned what. Question is, where is that gun when they come for it?

I try not to show numbers on my gun pictures, but if I do, I don't worry about it. It's my big fat JOHN HANCOCK that says "here I am."

MOLON LABE

(Philadelphia County)

I think when it comes to in house fighting you just have to not let the noise drown out the signal. Is there some annoying BS that happens here? Sure, but I think over all the good stuff far outweighs the bad.

No forum will ever be perfect, it's just about making sure it's a net-positive.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

You,ve got a good point there. As Jimmy Buffet says, Breath in , breath out, move on.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by autorim View Post
    You,ve got a good point there. As Jimmy Buffet says, Breath in , breath out, move on.
    I predict you'll find this board has one of the better Signal to Noise ratios on the Internet.

(Centre County)

For sure this board has less "BS" on it and the signal to noise ratio is on the low side compared 90% of the other boards out there. Really you arnt going to find a better place to end up on the internet. Over the last 2 years I have jumped around over about 8 diffrent boards and I think this is the one that I have enjoy the most and now that its picking up speed I think its getting better and better. JMHO

Cheers,
    Josh

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I predict you'll find this board has one of the better Signal to Noise ratios on the Internet.
    I will second this. I visit a bunch (various topics), and this has become my only one I truely read top to bottom.

Some others that were great, went downhill with the influx of new members. The question is how do you keep things as they are, but still grow?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    The question is how do you keep things as they are, but still grow?
    That seems to be the $64 question in running forums.

The most important idea is that you want people who have been on a forum for a long time to become friends, but you need to make sure that you don't end up with cliques that shun new users. It is very important that new members are given a warm welcome as much as humanly possible and integrated into the larger family.

In the end we'll face the same problems as every other forum on the Internet and we'll have some of the bad that comes with the good.

The one thing I hope is that people can look past some of the bad things that happen on the forums and towards the larger goals of the organization as a whole, realizing that it is in everyone's best interest if we suck it up and keep moving forward at times.

The discussion forum is the most important tool within the organization as a whole. It serves as a simple, cost-effective way to bring PA firearm owners together in one place and talk about the issues we face, and people keep coming back because it is fun.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by autorim View Post
    Danp, I know I told you last night that I was going to bow out due to so much in- house trivial bullshit that I felt did not treat firearms ownership seriously, but I felt compelled to respond to the post about handgun accuracy from a new shooter.

As we discussed, I feel that firearms owners can rapidly become endangered species if we are not already and we need to take it very seriously and treat each other with respect.

Also, It is amazing that shooters are concerned with firearms registration and gun control yet will post pictures of all of their guns on a web site and even post serial numbers. Just questioning, but is that smart? Like lots of country folks, I may be ignorant , but I ain't stupid.
    You are free to do as you please, but if you leave, you can't possibly be part of the solution....

(Allegheny County)

if petty bickering overwhelms us, that is bad...but, groupthink is even worse.

people must be free to express their opinions and disagree or we will become the proverbial lemmings running off a cliff. a side effect of that is some infighting. that's just the way it is...it's no big deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast