Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: AR-15 or 1911?

(Allegheny County)

Default AR-15 or 1911?

So I just did my taxes and it looks like I might be able to get either a very basic stock AR-15 in .223 or a moderate 1911 .45acp (maybe springfield). The only rifles I currently own are hunting bolt action, so looking for my first "black" rifle purchase. On the other hand I have been eyeing up a 1911 for a while. The ammo costs for both may prevent me from shooting as much as I want, but I am torn.....

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: AR-15 or 1911?

AR-15 then you will have it when they pass the ban.
    Then save up for the 1911

An OC Activist
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Delaware County)

I believe that this exact question was asked and answered just a few days ago. In fact I was one of many that responded to it but I answer again because it is a fun discussion.

I love both the AR and 1911 platforms but if you can purchase only one of the two when you get your tax return I would urge you to get the AR or some other such rifle. My reasoning is that the Dems lead by Obama & company will be working hard to remove many or all of the AR or even semi-auto rifles from the American marketplace. Get them now why we still can do so.

The 1911 will probably remain available so you can pick up one of those as your next purchase.

This is just my opinion but I am afraid that my concerns are justified. I would also urge you to support the NRA, GOA and other such organizations if you can do so with the hope that they can help us in the fight to maintain you rights.

Oddly I find myself in the same position. I've been wanting a 1911 for years, but I a want quality 1911. It looks like I may be able to afford one this spring finally, but an AR seems to be a more prudent purchase. I really have no use/desire to own an AR, but I really can't think of a better F-U purchase than an AR with any potential “stimulus”
    money. I have had an AK and SKS on my long list for years as well, but with the prices going up it appears that I could get a decent AR15 for just about the cost of an AK and an SKS. Decisions decisions.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Cambria County)

I would go with the AR as of right now. Like one previous said. They are probably going to get banned soon. I am looking into getting one as well.

(Monroe County)

I think its unanimous you must purchase an AR, or buy a lower receiver and start building one. Obama is working to get a ban through, and even if he doesn't succeed (lets all pray) you're always better off having a sick rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(McKean County)

If you don't have an AR/AK/EBR I would pick that up first. We can debate whether or not an AWB is coming down the pike but we know that the president WILL sign one if it hits his desk. The 1911 you can pick up at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Oddly I find myself in the same position. I've been wanting a 1911 for years, but I a want quality 1911. It looks like I may be able to afford one this spring finally, but an AR seems to be a more prudent purchase. I really have no use/desire to own an AR, but I really can't think of a better F-U purchase than an AR with any potential “stimulus”
    money. I have had an AK and SKS on my long list for years as well, but with the prices going up it appears that I could get a decent AR15 for just about the cost of an AK and an SKS. Decisions decisions.
    We ought to get together this spring and I'll let you shoot my AR's and my AKSU. You might be surprised how much you "need"" one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    AR-15 then you will have it when they pass the ban.
    Then save up for the 1911

An OC Activist
    Ed
    +1 ... get the AR now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the replies. You just verified what I was thinking. .223 is just so expensive right now, and I don't want it to be an instant safe queen. I guess I might have to opt for a .22 conversion kit along with it.