Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default CMP out of stock question

Anyone know how the CMP handles a requested order being out of stock? Right now they're showing no inventory on all but the field grade Garands, with a note about trying to fill existing orders if possible (i.e. me). My assumption would be that they will ask me if I want one of the field grades instead of a service grade. Do they ever share expectations on future inventory and hold your order until that time?

(Centre County)

Default Re: CMP out of stock question

Normally they are fairly vague about future assets coming in because they really don't know when something might get released or imported from a country that the US gave/loaned the Garands (or other firearms). You just about have to regularly (not daily but maybe bi-weekly or monthly) check the website. I'n enrolled in their email service and get regular updates about what is going on at CMP and they make those kind of announcements in the emails.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

I sent my service grade order on 2/3. It*s been open in the Estore since 4/26. Someone on the CMP forums posted that they asked him if he wanted to switch to field grade. I*d rather wait for a service grade. I have one Garand already so it is what it is but I guess I should have ordered from them way before now. Instead I*ll just anxiously await my call for my 1911. Following the posts on the CMP forum they got to within 9 of my RGN yesterday.

(Allegheny County)

While I cannot speak to an M1, there's ammo I ordered back in Jan. that's just now getting shipped to me. The website has had it out of stock for a while now. So I'd hope they remove online options once the order amounts have been claimed, even if processing takes months.

(Bucks County)

You might want to roll the dice on a field grade since you have a better chance of getting an original barrel or walnut stock. Who cares if it has a little character. It will still shoot.

Then order a service grade and wait.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Normally they are fairly vague about future assets coming in because they really don't know when something might get released or imported from a country that the US gave/loaned the Garands (or other firearms). You just about have to regularly (not daily but maybe bi-weekly or monthly) check the website. I'n enrolled in their email service and get regular updates about what is going on at CMP and they make those kind of announcements in the emails.
    Yeah, was afraid that's probably the case. Unknown supply, so dont promise anything.

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I sent my service grade order on 2/3. It*s been open in the Estore since 4/26. Someone on the CMP forums posted that they asked him if he wanted to switch to field grade. I*d rather wait for a service grade. I have one Garand already so it is what it is but I guess I should have ordered from them way before now. Instead I*ll just anxiously await my call for my 1911. Following the posts on the CMP forum they got to within 9 of my RGN yesterday.
    Same thing here, should've gotten the ball rolling sooner. You're about 2 months ahead of me then. Torn on service vs field. It's my first, so might take the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sblzrd65 View Post
    While I cannot speak to an M1, there's ammo I ordered back in Jan. that's just now getting shipped to me. The website has had it out of stock for a while now. So I'd hope they remove online options once the order amounts have been claimed, even if processing takes months.
    Was thinking the same about updating stock, but my orders only been in a mo th so thinking my odds on service grade arent great.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    You might want to roll the dice on a field grade since you have a better chance of getting an original barrel or walnut stock. Who cares if it has a little character. It will still shoot.

Then order a service grade and wait.
    Little torn, since it's my first and I was hoping for the nicest I could get, but I also dont want it to pass me by/ may do just that and get service later on. If I knew they'd be back soon I'd just wait, but not looking to wait long either.

(Northumberland County)

Coming up on 5 months without so much as an email or call from them. Is it normally that bad?

I got through to their customer service a couple months back and they said they were backlogged, couldn't answer specifics on my order, and filling March orders at that time. Mine should be up for review by now though (April). I k ew there was a wait, but didnt expect it to be like this.

(Bucks County)

There is a thread on the CMP forums where a lot of people post their order status timeline. it should give you a good idea of the current backlog time.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    There is a thread on the CMP forums where a lot of people post their order status timeline. it should give you a good idea of the current backlog time.
    Thanks! Looks like it should be close

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post

I got through to their customer service a couple months back and they said they were backlogged, couldn't answer specifics on my order, and filling March orders at that time. Mine should be up for review by now though (April). I k ew there was a wait, but didnt expect it to be like this.
    March order here, I got contacted in June(ish) asking me if I wanted to switch to a field grade from the service grade as it "might be awhile for the service grade". I haven't gotten it yet. I just saw a guy on Reddit who posted an International Service grade. I'm hoping that means mine is getting closer...
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast