Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Northern part of York County, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Default If you are worried about gun control

then you had better be damn worried about organizations such as this which somehow have developed more influence over our government policy than the President. I'm not at all worried about Obama as he is elected. I'm worried about these groups that are funded by the rich but not elected by the people.

They have set a straight arrow course that will take your right to free speech and gun ownership away as certainly as the sun rising in the east, and as was done in Australia and the UK. They don't want Americans at large to have the ability to defend our Constitution.

The ADL and other sister groups such as the ACLU and SPLC have been permitted to chip away at the Bill of Rights and the individual rights of mainstream Americans because they have an elitist agenda and they have money.

http://www.adl.org/Civil_Rights/2008...un_control.asp

http://www.adl.org/internet/internet_law3.asp

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: If you are worried about gun control

One thing I keyed in on quickly in the first link was the word "Extremist". It was used several times, what is their definition of extremist?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    One thing I keyed in on quickly in the first link was the word "Extremist". It was used several times, what is their definition of extremist?
    Look in the mirror...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lycoming County)

You, me and anyone on this Forum. Anyone associated with the "Gun Culture" meets the definition of extremists. To them, our Founding Fathers were extremists. I wear it as a Badge of Honor.

Be safe (and just don't defame).

Scott

Northern part of York County, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

A logical interpretation is that extremist is anyone who doesn't agree with them. Some believe that anyone who would want to own a firearm is an "extremist" and anyone who owns a mini 14 is a terrorist.

That mind set must be arrested now as it is not in the interest of the longstanding culture and Constitution of the USA. My original point was this group has enormous clout in government and with LE, and even more so than the NRA. Additionally they are not elected by the people. They are funded primarily by the elitists and the rich. There are other groups but none as influential.

They have not always used the word "extremist" in their stated policies to advance their mission of gun control. But they do now, and they also work to outlaw so called "hate speech" and to advance political correctness.

The real question is who among us has the right to define extremist, and hate speech and political correctness?

In the USA we have had a Bill of Rights that supposedly gives all citizens a right to not be forced to defend our speech, our right to gun ownership and no where in the Constitution is it affirmed that political correctness is a right.

I'm not nearly as concerned about Obama. I'm concerned about elected officials in Congress having their arms twisted by such groups.

I've been reading and lurking here for sometime and finally decided to make a point and a post.