Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default more fall out from corruption?

Nepotism?

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Ex-j...8-15-2009.html

Ex-judge’s daughter quits DA position
    Lauren Ciavarella, her future sister-in-law resign from county prosecutor’s office.

By Terrie Morgan-Besecker tmorgan@timesleader.com
    Law & Order Reporter

WILKES-BARRE – The daughter and future daughter-in-law of former judge Mark Ciavarella resigned from their positions with the Luzerne County District Attorney’s Office on Friday, District Attorney Jacqueline Musto Carroll confirmed.
    Read more Luzerne County Judges articles

Musto Carroll said Lauren Ciavarella notified her last week that she was resigning her post as an assistant district attorney, citing personal reasons. Amy Lasinski, a trial assistant who is engaged to Mark Ciavarella’s son, Marco, stated she was leaving because she wants to return to school, Musto Carroll said.

The resignations come amid a flurry of activity surrounding Mark Ciavarella and former judge Michael Conahan, who are charged in connection with a $2.6 million kickback scheme.

A federal judge recently rejected a plea agreement that called for Conahan and Ciavarella to serve 87 months in prison, saying he did not believe they had demonstrated they accepted responsibility for their actions.

On Wednesday a specially appointed master recommended that the convictions of all juveniles Mark Ciavarella sentenced from 2003 to 2008 be thrown out.

Musto Carroll said Lauren Ciavarella did not indicate to her that she was experiencing any difficulties at work based on controversy surrounding her father’s criminal case.

“She had not reported any such problem to me,” Musto Carroll said.

Lauren Ciavarella politely declined to comment when reached at her home Friday. Lasinski could not be reached for comment.

Musto Carroll said Lauren Ciavarella had been employed by the office since around December 2007. She prosecuted a variety of cases.

“She was a very good attorney,” Musto Carroll said. “She always came to work on time and completed her assignments. I never had a bad report from judges or co-workers. She did a fine job for us.”

Lasinski transferred into the District Attorney’s Office earlier this year after her position in the Clerk of Courts Office was eliminated as part of budget cuts, Musto Carroll said.

“She did a very good job. She worked well with other staff members and with attorneys,” Musto Carroll said.

Musto Carroll said the resignations are effective Aug. 21, but both women are using accumulated leave for their final week. Both worked their last day on Friday.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: more fall out from corruption?

Two judges, a court clerk, a highly respected attorney, a big time developer, school officials, now this. Trust me we have only seen the tip so far.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: more fall out from corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Two judges, a court clerk, a highly respected attorney, a big time developer, school officials, now this. Trust me we have only seen the tip so far.
    Yep. The locals have turned a blind eye to the third most corrupt county in the state for a long time. No matter how many get squeezed to the top during this will only really be a minor progress.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie