Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Motorola Razr

Default Motorola Razr

I keep hearing about a PC program and web ap that you can program your Razr on,
    they claim you just type the number and name in the web application, then send it to your cell, to program it. Some one even told me you can upload your own ring tones to this thing so you can personalize your tones.

Any truth to all this? Yeah I had to change phone providers, and as the Razr was free, we went with that. Now my phone is thinner then my gun holster.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Motorola Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I keep hearing about a PC program and web ap that you can program your Razr on,
    they claim you just type the number and name in the web application, then send it to your cell, to program it. Some one even told me you can upload your own ring tones to this thing so you can personalize your tones.

Any truth to all this? Yeah I had to change phone providers, and as the Razr was free, we went with that. Now my phone is thinner then my gun holster.
    Hey Frenchy,

check our www.hacktherazr.com I have two. One with Verizon for domestic use and one unlocked hacked one that I use when traveling internationally. The Verizon one I left as is. There is much out there but it will take some time to work through it all. They are good phones but battery life is not great.

(Snyder County)

I have a Razr and I have hacked it up quite a bit. There are a couple programs to hack your phone, and things can get pretty complicated.

But the program I think you are referring to is called Motorola Phone Tools. You can backup your phone, manage your phone book by adding or deleting entries, and even upload ring tones I think. It is sold by Motorola through many different places. I think it is about $24 to buy. You can always try to find it online somewhere, but many places that have it also have viruses with them, so you need to be careful. Send me a PM if you want more help on where to find this...hint, hint.

(Allegheny County)

I bought the M phone tools on ebay for I think $5. Don't forget you will need a data cable to go from your phone to your PC.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I bought the M phone tools on ebay for I think $5. Don't forget you will need a data cable to go from your phone to your PC.

Hawk,

Double check your digital camera cable (if you have one). My Olympus camera and my phone uses the same cable.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Hawk,
    Does it work with Verizon phones? From what I can see the VZ phones have their own operating system which seriously limits what you can / can not do. My unlocked Razr has the original Moto software and the difference is night & day.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Does it work with Verizon phones? From what I can see the VZ phones have their own operating system which seriously limits what you can / can not do. My unlocked Razr has the original Moto software and the difference is night & day.

Only one way to find out. Try it and see....

(Centre County)

If it can be done to cellular phones both domesticly and internationally it has been discussed over here.

Http://www.howardforums.com

I've been using this website for my moding enjoyment for the last 5 years including AT&T, VZW and Nextel.

Frenchy, I'm not exactly sure what you mean buy a web program or what exactly you want to accomplish with your phone but I do know you can put your own ringtones on damn near every phone in exsistance now. In fact I've done Razrs, Maxx VE, Krzrs, E815s, 816s and many others for VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]