Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default MILLER: David Gregory’s legal jeopardy (under investigation yet got into the White Ho

President Obama wants more gun-control laws, but perhaps he should care more about enforcing the ones already on the books.

He granted an exclusive interview to NBC’s David Gregory on Saturday, even though the “Meet the Press” anchor is under investigation by the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) for possession of an unregistered “high capacity” magazine in the District. It is also unclear how Mr. Gregory passed the Secret Service background check to enter the White House while under criminal investigation.

**SNIP**

Chief Lanier is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she does not charge Mr. Gregory with the felony, she sends a message to the crime-ridden city that the laws don’t apply to the rich and powerful. However, if she books him on breaking the city’s onerous firearms law, it will further illuminate how ridiculous the laws are for law-abiding people to follow.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...egal-jeopardy/

If this was you or I, we would be in jail.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: MILLER: David Gregory’s legal jeopardy (under investigation yet got into the Whit

It's time for e-mails, phone calls, and letter writing.

Metropolitan Police Department
    Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier
    300 Indiana Avenue NW, Room 5059, Washington , DC 20001
    Phone: (202) 727-9099
    Fax: (202) 727-4106
    TTY: 711
    Email:mpd@dc.gov

To contact the Mayor and City Council:

http://dc.gov/DC/

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: MILLER: David Gregory’s legal jeopardy (under investigation yet got into the Whit

Email sent.

(Lancaster County)

E MAIL SENT

(Delaware County)

email sent.............to the Chief.

"As a law abiding firearm owner, I am left wondering what needs to be "further" investigated concerning Mr. Gregory? Clearly, he violated the law. The magazines are in his hand. It's been recorded. From what I read, permission was denied (not that the Police could rescind the law for him) to use a magazine as a prop as it is a violation of DC law. He defied the law. He knew of the law. He went ahead anyway. Is he above the law?

I spend many hours researching to guarantee that I won't violate arms laws of my home State and neighboring States. While I have no "standing" in the District, I feel this has become a National issue. Who is above the law and who is not? Had he been "Charlie Q. Average" standing on a street corner, just holding a magazine, he'd have been cuffed and in jail.

As the Chief Law Officer in DC it behooves you to follow through on this blatant disregard of your laws.

Respectfully,"
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Chester County)

They may have a tough time proving what Gregory possessed was a functioning magazine. If it was non functioning, which he may claim, they then have to prove it was or as the statute states, "can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

It all may hinge on just six words in the statute, "can be readily restored or converted."

What constitutes "readily" as used in the statute? 30 seconds while in your hands or two minutes with parts and tools? There is probably very little case law to go on.