Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Angry friends xdm stolen

I'll give some BG info first. I've known him my whole life, he's a great law abiding guy and a new father. Earlier this year when I worked for an ffl he asked me for help selecting a pistol for home defense and possibly down the road carry. He's been to the range with me 2 or 3 times and I would say he is a competent beginner as he has the main basic ideas and saftey down. Buys the gun where I worked, takes it home, throws gun in case under bed and forgets about it except for a few times he had some questions about it when I was over regarding cleaning, feild stripping, conditions of fire for optimal protection and saftey of his child etc.

Fast forward to around Thanksgiving and I stop over for a visit. He's on his way home from work and I got there before him. I let myself in (as is customary for both of us at each others house) to see his girlfriend on the phone searching around the house for something. After a few minutes I overhear she is looking for said gun. I start helping her look and we searched everywhere.

We go back to the xdm gear + gun case where it was last stored under the bed. Inside
    was everything including the extra loaded magizine minus the gun and the loaded magizine inside the gun. I found that odd because anyone who would steal the gun would
    probobly steal the extra magazine that's right next to the gun.

He gets home we look again, nothing. Luckily the serial number is written on the case and I informed him that even though its not a legal requirement to report it stolen, that he should if he ever wants a chance at getting it back and God forbid its used in a crime that his name would be clear from some BS.

For what ever reason he waited until 2days ago to report it stolen to his local PPD. After they extensively questioned him for over 2 hours he gave the names and numbers of all his friends and realitives who were in his house and knew of the weapon. Yes my friend has no idea of his rights or laws and his local PPD are threatening to charge him if the gun is used in a crime and wants to bring in all named people including myself for questioning.

Now I know my rights and am leaning towards telling them they can go fuck themselves
    due to their treatment of my friend and ass ackwards view of who the victim (my friend) is

(Washington County)

Default Re: friends xdm stolen

Your friend is certainly not blameless for allowing someone access to his bedroom and gun without his knowledge.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
    I'll give some BG info first. I've known him my whole life, he's a great law abiding guy and a new father. Earlier this year when I worked for an ffl he asked me for help selecting a pistol for home defense and possibly down the road carry. He's been to the range with me 2 or 3 times and I would say he is a competent beginner as he has the main basic ideas and saftey down. Buys the gun where I worked, takes it home, throws gun in case under bed and forgets about it except for a few times he had some questions about it when I was over regarding cleaning, feild stripping, conditions of fire for optimal protection and saftey of his child etc.

Fast forward to around Thanksgiving and I stop over for a visit. He's on his way home from work and I got there before him. I let myself in (as is customary for both of us at each others house) to see his girlfriend on the phone searching around the house for something. After a few minutes I overhear she is looking for said gun. I start helping her look and we searched everywhere.

We go back to the xdm gear + gun case where it was last stored under the bed. Inside
    was everything including the extra loaded magizine minus the gun and the loaded magizine inside the gun. I found that odd because anyone who would steal the gun would
    probobly steal the extra magazine that's right next to the gun.

He gets home we look again, nothing. Luckily the serial number is written on the case and I informed him that even though its not a legal requirement to report it stolen, that he should if he ever wants a chance at getting it back and God forbid its used in a crime that his name would be clear from some BS.

For what ever reason he waited until 2days ago to report it stolen to his local PPD. After they extensively questioned him for over 2 hours he gave the names and numbers of all his friends and realitives who were in his house and knew of the weapon. Yes my friend has no idea of his rights or laws and his local PPD are threatening to charge him if the gun is used in a crime and wants to bring in all named people including myself for questioning.

Now I know my rights and am leaning towards telling them they can go fuck themselves
    due to their treatment of my friend and ass ackwards view of who the victim (my friend) is
    Is it possible he misplaced it? Does seem odd that only that was missing, anything else in the house gone too?

(Chester County)

My phone sucks and the last of my post is missing. Will edit later when at a computer.

(Franklin County)

Who was the girlfriend talking to on the phone while searching for the gun?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig12of45 View Post
    Is it possible he misplaced it? Does seem odd that only that was missing, anything else in the house gone too?
    Nope expensive jewelry and electronics all still where they should be.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bjcart941 View Post
    Who was the girlfriend talking to on the phone while searching for the gun?
    I believe her mom but I'm not positive.

(Lancaster County)

If there was no forcible entry, nothing else missing, then I believe the police are correct in wanting to question everyone that he knows that would have access to the house.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I feel like were missing some very important information, idk just doesn't sound right to me
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

Some thoughts.

Why would he wait nearly a month to report it?

Why was the GF looking for the gun that particular day?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast