• Turkish MP5 clone

8 17.39%
  • Suppressor (my first)

10 21.74%
  • 308 semi (M14, AR10, Cetme, PTR)

4 8.70%
  • Lever action 357

11 23.91%
  • Finish the projects ya have already ya bum!

7 15.22%
  • Other (please comment)

6 13.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What to buy next?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Turkish stuff aint going anywhere, anytime soon
    Haha, that's a good one. If you really want an import and have the funds, buy it now.

From a letter from 120 gun grabbing groups to Bidet, 'coincidentally' sent the same day at the pistol brace "rule" dropped in the register.

"Such a plan should include:

Announcing a series of executive actions to reduce gun deaths, including fully enforcing the ban on importation of foreign-made assault weapons that do not have a 'sporting purpose' and instructing the Federal Trade Commission to promulgate regulations that prohibit unfair or deceptive acts or practices related to the advertising or marketing of firearms to minors."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brady-stati...etter-TTIN.pdf

(Wayne County)

Be nice if you could find a m14 on the market.

(Chester County)

Thinking about getting a hybrid bike... guess I'll need a rack for my car too.

(Clarion County)

Reloading setup or supplies.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Turkish stuff aint going anywhere, anytime soon

My big question here is do you want to focus on C&R type stuff for the collection, or more modern firearms? esh has a point, get ahead of the curve on any potentail ban-able/nfa items (look at current cf with pistol braces to give an idea)*.

If it were my choice, perfect world money no object: more modern stuff like the AR platform and polymer pistols, build it as a pmf. Save the money buying them to invest in *fudd* guns and collectible shooters (m1, mod94*s, revolvers, etc.)

Do tell*
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Haha, that's a good one. If you really want an import and have the funds, buy it now.

From a letter from 120 gun grabbing groups to Bidet, 'coincidentally' sent the same day at the pistol brace "rule" dropped in the register.

"Such a plan should include:

Announcing a series of executive actions to reduce gun deaths, including fully enforcing the ban on importation of foreign-made assault weapons that do not have a 'sporting purpose' and instructing the Federal Trade Commission to promulgate regulations that prohibit unfair or deceptive acts or practices related to the advertising or marketing of firearms to minors."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brady-stati...etter-TTIN.pdf
    And Russian and Arsenal Bulgaria imports. Anything can happen at any time.

I dragged my feet on an SLR104FR, then Arsenal announced no more civilian semi imports. The prices immediately went up 50% and new stock was gone within a week. Now they are 3x the cost on the secondary market.

Nothing to do with any US/Bulgaria relationship. They decided to focus on military production.

ANYTHING can happen. Just because it looks good now is no indication of a continuing positive situation. Almost always better to buy sooner than later.

(Northumberland County)

The lever action in 357 is a nagging want, and definitely not helped by the fact that i just missed out on a Rossi 92 for a good price. But more of a "I need to get one of those eventually", in the same sense that I 'need' a 1911 sooner or later.

Some really good points about the imports/MP5 being at greatest risk. I hadn't thought of a ban, so much as prices going up from their current lows. And I'm not gonna lie, there's just something bad ass about an MP5. I definitely do think it'll be modern more than C&R, whatever I go with. The bans are a fair consideration though.

Smooth bore mag fed is one I probably should've bought, but wont now. I have a Turk Benelli clone I'm still breaking in. In hindsight, maybe an AK pattern one wouldn't have been a bad choice instead.

The 308 battle rifle is one I've toyed with for a long time. M14...bad phrasing on my part...M1A. I keep getting close to buying one of those listed, but never quite there. I do like the concept behind the new Ruger, but am not sure if the idea will take off...and I wont buy unproven designs. I'd like to see it succeed though.

Reloading supplies is a fair suggestion. And one i tend to neglect to often.

CZ82...if it the one I'm thinking of, yours is a beaut. But that's not a caliber i have much interest in unfortunately.

(Washington County)

Bangers and bloopers: destructive devices. Mortars, grenade launchers, antitank guns, etc.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(York County)

Ammo.

Pay attention to the news saying all the global governments are out of ammo.

They will restock their supply. They will pay whatever it costs. They will get first priority.

Civilian supplies will be hard to come by during the global government re-up

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Ammo.

Pay attention to the news saying all the global governments are out of ammo.

They will restock their supply. They will pay whatever it costs. They will get first priority.

Civilian supplies will be hard to come by during the global government re-up
    Cheaper-Than-Dirt spamming me with their usual email 'deals' although, some calibers seemed reasonable and made me think. I thought about grabbing some 9mm but passed.

(Philadelphia County)

Hmmm,if I were faced with that decision;I've already got enough MP5 clones...always wanted a CETME but they are not as cheap as they were when I was really close to purchasing one...I do have a project or two to complete so,winner winner!
    Last edited by Krichardson; February 7th, 2023 at 10:51 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast