Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Can We All Work On Voting Right?

Sen. Rick Santorum
    Sen. Arlen Specter
    Rep. Curt Weldon

Enough said, hopefully.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Can We All Work On Voting Right?

I would never vote for Rick Santorum. No matter what.

I dont care if he is the almighty deity of political gun rights, that damn fool thinks its necessary for the state to legislate morality based on his own religious beliefs. Now THAT is scary.

THere's a pretty long thread about this very issue from waaaaay back.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

I dont care if he is the almighty deity of political gun rights, that damn fool thinks its necessary for the state to legislate morality based on his own religious beliefs. Now THAT is scary.

LOL. Any questions?

Now that Santorum is gone hopefully all can sleep a bit less scared.

A truly honest observer may say that ALL legislate morality based on their own religious beliefs. The issue with Santorum was that his morality view was Christian. But if he would have preached from a different belief he would have been the toast of the town. However as a Christian he was just toast.

(Allegheny County)

It is interesting to hear what people from PA's land of the rising sun (eastern portion) think about Santorum.
    I voted for him.
    koli

Jesus is just alright with me.

(Philadelphia County)

LOL PHilly. YOu always crack me up.

You raise a good point, but you must accept that Santorum is a bit above the rest..

here are some golden quotes from the man himself..

“If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery, ... You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does.”
    “..you leave open the door for a variety of other sexual activities to occur within the home and not be regulated.”
    The idea is that the state doesn't have rights to limit individuals' wants and passions. I disagree with that. I think we absolutely have rights because there are consequences to letting people live out whatever wants or passions they desire.
    Oh and Philly, I dont think it has ANYTHING to do about him being Christian, and it has everything to do about him wanting to get into people's houses and tell them what they can or can't do. He is sick.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

LorDeigo you come across as being Theophobic.

Can you agree that all law has a basis on a moral standard? The question is who's morals would you want as the foundation of a civil society?

The men that formed the laws of the states and the country claimed faith in the God of Abraham and many claimed salvation through the Messiah Jesus of Nazareth. They then naturally used as their basis for a foundation for their respective Constitutions the Ten Commandments and the teachings of Christ.

I respectfully submit to you (once again) if you are not comfortable with the theocratic foundation (not a Theocracy) of the U.S.A., you could work to change the laws to fit your definition of morality (or lack there of), or, you have the freedom to find a place that is more to your liking.

I believe the U.S.A. will change dramatically in the not so distant future with many interests attempting to erode the foundation the our country is built on.

Social Progressives want to chip away at the foundation by excoriating those of faith and chasing the faithful down into the catacombs.

The Muslim's want to govern using their own Shriah (sp) law instead of our laws.

I realize this isn't going to be resolved here, but as Mark wrote in his 3rd Chapter 25th verse "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." If you believe or not I think you'd admit there is truth in what He said.

Dave

(This isn't meant to insult, but is a serious question, so let's keep the personal attacks to ourselves.)
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Berks County)

However as a Christian he was just toast.
    I enjoy my new minority status as a Christian....where are my entitlements!

I voted for him, he was pro-gun, conservative, and while I am a Christian also, it's not why I voted for him, I only agreed with about 1/2 of his christian crusade stuff...BUT!!!... he rarely if ever flip flopped and had the strong fortitute to at least stand for SOMETHING strongly, I can respect the man for that. That in itself is a rare quality in a politician today.

He had guts....and guts is enough.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    I enjoy my new minority status as a Christian....where are my entitlements!

I voted for him, he was pro-gun, conservative, and while I am a Christian also, it's not why I voted for him, I only agreed with about 1/2 of his christian crusade stuff...BUT!!!... he rarely if ever flip flopped and had the strong fortitute to at least stand for SOMETHING strongly, I can respect the man for that. That in itself is a rare quality in a politician today.

He had guts....and guts is enough.
    +1... Everyone knew where he stood. You may not have agreed with him but he at least had the stones to stand up and say here I am. I voted for him at every opportunity and if he runs for Gov I will support him there. We can not stand by and let everything go to the extent that all is in anarchy.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    Sen. Rick Santorum
    Sen. Arlen Specter
    Rep. Curt Weldon

Enough said, hopefully.
    I pray that Alien Sphincter goes away soon. His incompetence in running the Judiciary Committee was astounding and his stand regarding illegal aliens is absurd considering that this man was a DA at one point. Lets face facts, in the vast majority of states he would be a D.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Can you agree that all law has a basis on a moral standard?
    I would disagree, in my opinion the basis of law is (and should be) based on respect for individual rights and ultimately private property, not arbitrary moral codes.

You can't burn down my house because it's not your house.
    You can't steal by car because it's not your car.
    etc.

There are many things I find morally repugnant that I would die fighting to keep legal.

The foundation of our country is the idea that the whims of the majority can not be used to infringe upon the rights of the minority. If someone is doing something that does not infringe on someone else's rights I fail to see how anyone has the ability to say they can not.

After all, many people find firearm ownership repulsive and immoral, but thankfully we live in a country where it doesn't matter.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast