Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Dont know if posted before or not but here goes

.................................................. .......................................
    Last edited by schr8er2000; August 4th, 2009 at 06:30 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Dont know if posted before or not but here goes

hmmm. interesting how that works . do you have a linky?

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    An Interesting Event in Victoria , Texas

Victoria , Texas (pop. 55,000) is a town about 80 miles west of Houston .

Local Hispanic leaders there, in opposition to pending Immigration Legislation, boycotted all Caucasian owned businesses in the Victoria area this past weekend as a demonstration of their economic impact on the community. The boycott was declared a success by the Hispanic community, noting that revenue in Caucasian owned businesses was down by 19%.

Business owners declared the boycott a success as well, pointing out that shoplifting was reduced by 77%, money orders sent out of the country were down by 97%, and the cost of daily clean-up and trash collection was down by 84%. Shoppers reported that they could actually hear English being spoken throughout the community for the first time in recent memory, and customers actually paid for purchases with real money, not government debit cards.

************************************************** ******************************************

Dont like the legislation... go back where ya came from and change it... ILLEGAL means ILLEGAL

************************************************** *******************************************

ΑΣΦ

(Luzerne County)

SORRY.. no link that I know of... hopefully this isnt another one of those damn FALSE reports that have been going around, but I WILL be checking further into this to verify the story.

WILL keep everyone posted.

(Cambria County)

(Luzerne County)

THANKS for finding this out for me... I apologize for false info... MODERATOR.. PLEASE DELETE THIS WHEN YOU SEE IT...

THANKS all

(Cambria County)

THANKS for finding this out for me... I apologize for false info... MODERATOR.. PLEASE DELETE THIS WHEN YOU SEE IT...

THANKS all
    I was just trying to be funny, I hope I didn't come off as a jerk or anything. Let me Google that for you just makes me laugh.

SORRY.. no link that I know of... hopefully this isnt another one of those damn FALSE reports that have been going around, but I WILL be checking further into this to verify the story.
    I don't know why you hoped the story was real. I hoped it was false. I also could tell immediately upon reading it and using some critical thinking skills that it was full of bullshit.

Lets take a look:

Local Hispanic leaders there, in opposition to pending Immigration Legislation, boycotted all Caucasian owned businesses in the Victoria area this past weekend as a demonstration of their economic impact on the community. The boycott was declared a success by the Hispanic community, noting that revenue in Caucasian owned businesses was down by 19%.
    Okay the problem with this first statistic is that it would have required all "Caucasian" business to report their receipts to the boycotters, and do so within less than a week. Highly unlikely.

Business owners declared the boycott a success as well, pointing out that shoplifting was reduced by 77%, money orders sent out of the country were down by 97%, and the cost of daily clean-up and trash collection was down by 84%.
    How would business owners know there was a reduction in money orders sent out of the country? If local business were the ones selling the money orders, they certainly wouldn't be happy if this were true, so calling it a success doesn't make any sense. Further they simply would have no way of knowing whether people bought money orders from a business not subject to the boycott, or out of town.

As for the cost of daily clean-up and trash collection, this statistic makes no sense either. These types of costs are fixed ahead of time. If there was less trash to clean up how would they quantify this as a percentage? Did they send home 84% of the people who take out the trash? It just makes no sense.

Shoppers reported that they could actually hear English being spoken throughout the community for the first time in recent memory, and customers actually paid for purchases with real money, not government debit cards.
    Do you think businesses care whether people use cash or credit or government cards to buy their purchases? They do not.

Think about what this email is asking you to believe, that businesses don't care about a twenty percent reduction in sales and are happy because they didn't have to take out as much trash or listen to Spanish being spoken in their stores? If you take a step back from your xenophobia and desire for the Mexicans to be the source of such problems you too could see this was bullshit.

Choose freedom.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Best website EVAR