Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Teen shot to death during home invasion

"Thought he was in his own home" but attacks "dad"? Color me skeptical, lucky the homeowner was able to defend his family.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=10818777

KEVIL, KY (KFVS) - A man was shot and killed in McCracken County after police say he tried to break into a family's home around 2:00 a.m.

The family woke to the sound of the alarm system, indicating the door to the attached garage had been opened. The homeowner went outside to investigate, when he heard his wife inside screaming.

He ran back into the home where his wife told him the intruder, later identified as 18-year-old Andrew Caleb Barnett, was inside their attached garage attempting to get into the home through a wooden door with a window, according to police. The homeowner reportedly yelled several times that he had a gun, telling Barnett not to come inside. However, Barnett continued to make advances toward the man. Police say the homeowner fired one shot at Barnett, hitting him in the arm, and going into his chest area. Barnett apparently fell to the floor but got back up fighting the homeowner, at one point, biting him in the arm.

The fight continued through the home and eventually back into the garage. When police arrived they arrested Barnett and transported him to Western Baptist Hospital for the gunshot, but he ultimately died.

The McCracken County Police Department reports the 18-year-old was under the influence of Psilocybin Mushrooms, or "Magic Mushrooms" as they're called on the street, and thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

And that is why you have a babysitter when you eat shrooms.

I didn't see this in the story..."No charges were filed against the homeowner for shooting in self defense". I hope that was the outcome

ETA... Oh, OK... reading the story at the link provided... it does add this:

Police located four people who apparently provided the drugs to Barnett and arrested them. They were identified as 19-year-old Taylor Thompson of West Paducah, 19-year-old Zachary Rodgers of Kevil, 18-year-old Ryan Bridges of West Paducah and 18-year-old Kristen Mohler of Kevil.

Additional charges are possible as the investigation continues. Charges against the homeowner are not expected.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; August 1st, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

(Lebanon County)

The McCracken County Police Department reports the 18-year-old was under the influence of Psilocybin Mushrooms, or "Magic Mushrooms" as they're called on the street, and thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".
    Ok, how do they KNOW he thought he was in his own home? I guess they're getting that from the whole calling the homeowner dad thing but I still don't like this claiming to know what the kid thought. You can't sit in court and testify to what someone else thought no matter how they acted....how can they do it here?

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Ok, how do they KNOW he thought he was in his own home? I guess they're getting that from the whole calling the homeowner dad thing but I still don't like this claiming to know what the kid thought. You can't sit in court and testify to what someone else thought no matter how they acted....how can they do it here?
    It's the mass media, they can say anything they want. You mean to tell me you haven't figured that out yet?

Meleanie, I'm so disillusioned!

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    It's the mass media, they can say anything they want. You mean to tell me you haven't figured that out yet?

Meleanie, I'm so disillusioned!
    I'm blonde....

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    [B]At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".
    So why was the dude biting him? I dunno. The whole thing sounds sad. Death by misadventure.

I know a dude who got so shit faced at a party, when he stepped out of the house he lost his way. He ended up crawling in the window of a nearby house and passing out on the homeowner's couch. Two senior citizens woke up in the morning and asked each other "Who the hell is this kid on our couch".

(Montgomery County)

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sounds pretty similar to this incident in Colorado:

Man: Son killed while trying to enter wrong house

Associated Press
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008

COLORADO SPRINGS (AP) — Sean Kennedy had been drinking at a weekend Broncos party when he drove to the wrong Colorado Springs house, scared the homeowner by pounding on the door and was fatally shot, his father said Monday.

Police said they plan to hand over the case to the district attorney's office to decide whether the homeowner will be protected under Colorado's so-called "Make My Day" law, which allows people to use deadly force in self-defense in their homes.

Grant Kennedy of Colorado Springs said his 22-year-old son moved to the neighborhood four months ago and apparently was confused about which house was his because they look alike.

Sean Kennedy lived about a block from where he was shot.

"He had had too much to drink, as boys that age will do, and he apparently went to the wrong house, rang the doorbell and went to the back door and was pounding pretty aggressively, I guess, to wake up his roommates," Grant Kennedy told The Denver Post. "I guess the people inside were fearful of him. It's just a tragedy."

Officers were called to the home at 9:50 p.m. Sunday on a report of a burglary in process. They found Kennedy in the backyard. He had been shot once.

Police said two people were in the home. Their names were not released.

Sean Kennedy was an assistant golf pro at a Colorado Springs golf course who "has never given us a bit of trouble, not even a speeding ticket," his father said.

He was to begin competition next month in The Gateway Tour, a developmental golf league for the PGA Tour.

Being a moron is not always survivable, even in the Age of Obama.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Being a moron is not always survivable, even in the Age of Obama.
    There's something to be said about natural selection.

The trouble I see is that it seems that the morons copulate successful more often. Maybe there is a connection between the manifestation of mental capacity and dysphagia

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?